Poll: What's your take?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's your take?
This is stupid, it'll never work.
6 21%
This is is a good idea, but it'll never work.
9 32%
This is a bad idea!
1 4%
I don't care.
6 21%
This isn't possible.
2 7%
This is amazing, where can I sign up?
4 14%
Voters: 28.
Page 1 of 2
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I thought it was gonna be so feminist campaign
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

"No one is born with greed"

Didn't need to read any more, almost every child is greedy by nature, decent parents try to teach them not to be. If the 'author' can't even see that, the rest of his claims are likely fantasy as well...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
the little tagline in the first image is an inevitability

so yeah i dunno wagwarn for these guys but it'll happen anyway
Woah, man, using human knowledge to create a world without war, poverty, hunger, debt and suffering? Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

Also, the whole thing was started by an architect, and it seems like the website is just a front to showcase his cool designs, with captions like "oh yeah and this will save the world, too"

EDIT: You can buy his books and DVDs too!
http://www.thevenusproject.com/store/official#!/~/category/id=1351817&offset=0&sort=normal

How many do I need to buy to save humanity?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Aug 4, 2014,
Yay more sensationalised, unfeasible opinions for lazy frustrated people to throw their money at and think they're helping something!
lol it rhymes with penis
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Isn't this associated with the Zeitgeist movement?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Arby911
"No one is born with greed"

Didn't need to read any more, almost every child is greedy by nature, decent parents try to teach them not to be. If the 'author' can't even see that, the rest of his claims are likely fantasy as well...

top psychology skills
i don't know why i feel so dry
Until the human mind evolves, something like this isn't possible. See this thread for proof.
Quote by Acϵ♠
lol it rhymes with penis

The penis is the male sexual organ
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
One of the first words every child says is "mine".

top psychology skills
I think it's a bit excessive and I can definitely see it going to hell. It seems like a good idea but it's almost as if they want to force their way of life on everyone. Even if it did work I still believe power and control would be an issue. It just seems a bit off...
They always say that technology can lower our work hours or whatnot. They keep saying that shit every generation.

As technology improves our lives we seem to create more 'useless' jobs that don't add any value to society to fill the time.

So by extension we'll just invent new jobs.

Nice idea on paper but it's never gonna happen.

I don't know about you guys but I would be bored to tears
From what I gathered from the website... Now that we have robots... We can let them govern our planet.

Great computers will fill their hallowed halls... It will take 98 more years.
Last edited by BurgundyGrandAm at Aug 4, 2014,
Quote by I.O.T.M
Isn't this associated with the Zeitgeist movement?
It was, but not anymore.

I was talking to someone about TVP and they had all the usual "BUT WHERE WOULD WE GET OUR FOOD?" type questions. I broke it down for her that in a world with TVP principles, food would be plentiful because of automation, money not existing would mean not having to waste 40hrs a week making a bank richer and that she could in effect just play with her dogs and children all day everyday. After that she was all for it.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Calling it the Venus Project is a bit dumb. makes it seem like they want Earth to be more like Venus, which we could manage if we just keep polluting as hard as we possibly can.
All I saw when I clicked the link was a sentence comprised entirely of buzzwords. Sod that.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by archangels
And you know this because you've studied the speech patterns of every child in the world?

He does, once he's finished molesting them.
Seems to be awfully lacking in specifics. I'd need like... actual information to vote either way. However, that alone seems to discredit them.

It's like someone saying "We should leave the solar system right now, because it would be awesome!" and everyone just agreeing as they simply continue roasting marshmallows around a campfire. Just saying we could do it by building a spaceship capable of leaving the solar system doesn't actually address any of the technological challenges in doing it.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
This thread is dreadful and you should feel bad for it
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by OddOneOut
All I saw when I clicked the link was a sentence comprised entirely of buzzwords. Sod that.

You don't agree with materializing our socioeconomic assets through a holistic approach?

OT: Just as ridiculous as it was years ago when I first heard about it.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Calling it the Venus Project is a bit dumb. makes it seem like they want Earth to be more like Venus, which we could manage if we just keep polluting as hard as we possibly can.

That's what I thought.

OT: They are pretty much saying that we need to give up on all of our traditions as human beings because it would be easier to just let the machines do every thing. I agree that there are a lot of flaws with our society but I don't think a computerized government will make everything better. They seem to have a lot of good ideas but I think they're getting a bit carried away.
Quote by BurgundyGrandAm
That's what I thought.

OT: They are pretty much saying that we need to give up on all of our traditions as human beings because it would be easier to just let the machines do every thing. I agree that there are a lot of flaws with our society but I don't think a computerized government will make everything better. They seem to have a lot of good ideas but I think they're getting a bit carried away.

It's named after Venus, Florida where they're based.

What's so great about war and poverty that you want to keep?
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by StewieSwan
You don't agree with materializing our socioeconomic assets through a holistic approach?

OT: Just as ridiculous as it was years ago when I first heard about it.

as someone who writes mostly incomprehensible garbage, i'd like to write a book about how to write things that people can actually understand.
Quote by The Judist

Well when you put it that way
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by The Judist
It's named after Venus, Florida where they're based.

War thins the herd...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
if you think about how disgustingly animalistic and seemingly unhappy and short peoples lives were about 100 years ago, and even more so 200 years ago, and even more so 2000 years ago, this doesn't seem impossible.

maybe life can get much better than it is today. who's to say otherwise? there's a lot to be done still. today we seem to think we can get past most discomforts with technological advances.

life is still pretty shit. but not as bad as it used to be. maybe we can still improve tenfold.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I like the city system.

Also machines are already on their way to doing everything, but with our current values and economic system it will only end badly.

In like 10 years a large large percentage of people won't be able to get jobs because machines can do their jobs better and cheaper than them so they won't make money so they wont be able to buy things and BOOM economy crashes and the country breaks out into civil war.

We need to become more socialized now before it's too late. I'm not saying going full on Venus Project but maybe just realizing "Hey 40 hour work weeks aren't needed anymore lets just work 20 hours" or something like that, or maybe even full on government robin hood where people get a monthly income for being alive so that the money can keep on moving.

The civil war would be bad though, there'd be a bunch of different factions fighting for what they want the system to be, like an anti technology group who wants to get rid of all the machines, and a communist group who would probably advocate something like the Venus Project, and an anarchist group who just want to kill everyone, and all that good jazz. During the civilian unrest (Which is happening everywhere in the world) countries go to war and there is full on WWIII and everyone is murdering each other all over the place oh man it's gonna be a shit time.
I'm down for people bettering the world. I haven't looked into the details of how or the legitimacy of it all, but hey all the power to them.
I'm going to start a campaign to save the world as well. It's going to be called "Don't be a dick". The goal is to make everyone realise they are dicks so that they can work on seizing to be a dick.

For every 1 dollar/euro/pound you donate, I will call one person a dick until they stop being a dick. This will be done online (e.g. via an internet forum).

For every 5 dollars/euros/pounds, I will keep calling one person on the phone to call them a dick until they stop being a dick.

For every 25 dollars/euros/pounds I will have a video call with you and all the friends you can get behind your computer and call you dicks for as long as is necessary for you to stop being dicks.

For every 50 dollars/euros/pounds you will get the above deal with the added bonus of a picture of my dick personally signed by me with a note saying that you are what's in the picture.

For every 100 dollars/euros/pounds you can call me a dick and I will take it like a man.

For every 1000 dollars/euros/pounds I will fly to any location to meet you and call you a dick in person. Accommodation and transportation to be paid by you but not included in the donation.

Donate now and help make the world a better place.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 6, 2014,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
He does, once he's finished molesting them.

i guess that's why one of the first words a child says is "no"
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 2