So here's my question, still total noob, been playing one month.

The amp I want is a blonde Fender Twin Reverb re-issue. Gotta be the blonde one. I'm finding them used for a grand. Problem is, it's really more amp than I need. Expensive, but I can afford it. I'll be like the guy who buys a Lamborghini but hardly knows how to drive it, just looks at it a lot, haha!

So I'm looking for a blonde or tweed amp with Reverb and Tremolo. I found the Peavey Delta Blues, but apparently the Tremolo sucks, and I freakin' love Tremolo. But man that Peavey is made in America. So coooooool! Maybe my noob ears wouldn't mind the bad tremolo?

I really want a Tyler Amp cus they're so pretty. But no Tremolo... Don't want pedals yet. Maybe when I get better.

So any other tweed/blonde amps with reverb and tremolo?
Last edited by snaphappy at Aug 4, 2014,
Got it! Super Champ XD had a special run of Blond ones. Nice Fender trem and reverb. Now to find one used...

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78503&d=1321804751&thumb=1
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
After listening to some youtube amp reviews, it's shocking how much better the tremolo sounds on the Fender Twin. It's just beautiful.

I also found a fudge brown Fender Deluxe Reverb too. It sounds great too.

PS: I read an article from Fender, their vibrato on the Fender Twin is actually tremolo...

Anyway, this is looking like one of those situations where you get what you pay for, and if you want the best you just have to buy it.
Wouldn't a simple tremolo pedal expand your candidates list exponentially? Sure its an impure, heinous, evil, vile "pedal" but it will make volume fluctuate.

Cajundaddy makes me kinda sorta gas a super champ xd even though I already have several amps. I'd check those out if I were in you situation.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Wouldn't a simple tremolo pedal expand your candidates list exponentially? Sure its an impure, heinous, evil, vile "pedal" but it will make volume fluctuate.

Cajundaddy makes me kinda sorta gas a super champ xd even though I already have several amps. I'd check those out if I were in you situation.

Totally right. Maybe I'll be practical, maybe
I gotta tell ya. I picked up a SCXD last year for $200 used because I just wanted a simple grab-n-go practice amp that sounded good so I didn't have to drag my Mesa or Vintage Super Reverb to every little jam session or dog & pony show. I changed the tubes to JJs and to this day I am still floored by how good this amp sounds within it's design constraints for the price of a pair of concert tickets. It will never be my #1 gig amp but for $200 it's got some killer tone.

After a recent blues jam at a racetrack several players gathered around and collectively said "WTF is that thing man? Sounds great!" . Definitely should be on the short list under best bang for the buck.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by snaphappy
So here's my question, still total noob, been playing one month.

The amp I want is a blonde Fender Twin Reverb re-issue. Gotta be the blonde one. I'm finding them used for a grand. Problem is, it's really more amp than I need. Expensive, but I can afford it. I'll be like the guy who buys a Lamborghini but hardly knows how to drive it, just looks at it a lot, haha!

So I'm looking for a blonde or tweed amp with Reverb and Tremolo. I found the Peavey Delta Blues, but apparently the Tremolo sucks, and I freakin' love Tremolo. But man that Peavey is made in America. So coooooool! Maybe my noob ears wouldn't mind the bad tremolo?

I really want a Tyler Amp cus they're so pretty. But no Tremolo... Don't want pedals yet. Maybe when I get better.

So any other tweed/blonde amps with reverb and tremolo?

So, what are you actually looking at sound-wise? Or are you really considering paying a grand just for the look of a tweed or blonde amp?
I mean, by all means twins are great sounding amps, but also loud as hell, and heavy. It might not be ideal for learning on; a very clean-sounding and unforgiving amp.

The Peavey Delta Blues do sound pretty good, and i'm sure the tremolo will do the job for now. All it does is throb the volume, how bad can it be? haha.
I agree with the idea of getting a Superchamp or Vibrochamp (if they still do it?). Lots of great amp models and effects but in a much smaller valve amp! My bandmate has one and it sounds great.

Or perhaps a Tweed Champ of some kind (maybe even a Fender Champ 600) and a reverb + tremolo pedal. If blonde look is all that matters, maybe chuck the Vox AC4 into the equation. All small and great sounding. And blonde!

All this said in favour of cheaper amps, the 20-watt version of my Cornell Romany (the TR20 Pro) is a tweed deluxe with reverb, tremolo and power-attenuator. If the rest of the cornell romany range is anything to go on (and i assume it is) it must sound quite pretty! But they're harder to find outside of the UK.
grab a Fenders Blues Jr NOS. beautiful amp that sounds even better. around 500 new for serious quality.
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
if it doesn't need tremelo and reverb is good enough, i don't think anyone has mentioned a fender blues deville yet. it's a tweed that sounds great (and goes to 12)
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
If you want a Twin, nothing else will suffice. Buy it, you'll grow into it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification