Hey i'm hoping i can get some advice.

I've currently got a line 6 DL4 on my pedalboard and i've had it in my head that fancy a change. I'm relatively happy with it but it's the only delay i've owned so have nothing to compare it with.

I'd be looking for a used delay around a similar value so up to about £150.

I don't use the looper on the DL4 so thats not important to my next pedal. What i do like about the DL4 is the option of have 3 presets i can choose from.

From what i've read already the Flashback x4 and delaylab would suit my needs.
Are there any others i should consider?
Would they be much difference in the pedals?

Would i be better off sticking with the DL4?

Any advice you could give would be really appreciated.
Ehx Stereo Memory Man with Hazarei. Hopefully mine is already on its way!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
i have a tc electronics flashback for a 100 bucks and love it - dont use it much but its really cool to mess around with. it has a looper in it to boot which i dont know how to use lol

you cant beat the price on it though , best out there in the price range

if I had 300 bucks I would of gotten the tc electronics nova delay
I have the Flashback x4 and it is by all means a very good pedal. I haven't tried the other ones, but I do very much like the sounds I can get out of it. Very easy to get Pink Floyd-esque delays among other types.

Mind you, the pedal is huge, so if you have a pedal board, this one does take up a good chunk of space, so keep that in mind.
Still I would recommend the pedal, though I haven't tried out the delay aspect at all since I had a delay pedal that I liked prior to getting the X4.
thats what pedals do , take up space, long as they are 6x6 and no bigger you just have to live with it - I dont really mind because I only use like 4-5 pedals at any one time

i think my vox wah is like 10 x 4 or something like that its my largest pedal

I have this pedal not the 4x

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Flashback?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3vyeBRDt673h5ZTYrdQBEiQAzhkf8up3GZRFZuqbb5b5WREgLv6yByZeREvAc_YSJ-qcEZQaAhkP8P8HAQ
Quote by Hannan
thats what pedals do , take up space, long as they are 6x6 and no bigger you just have to live with it - I dont really mind because I only use like 4-5 pedals at any one time

The 4x is roughly 9' by 5.5'. So it does take quite a bit of space. I'd say it is arguably harder to fit into a pedal board than a wah pedal because of its size.
The DL4 is pretty good. I'd probably just keep it unless you were specifically after something different like an El Cap for example, but that doesn't sound like what you are chasing. From what you've said, I'd just keep the DL4.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have a Flashback X4- love the sound but my tap tempo button is dodgy and sometimes changes itself or doesn't work at all. Really painful in a live environment if I'm not paying attention. Mind you, should be a simple repair.

As far as I know though, the DL4, Line 6 & TC Electronic are much of a muchness.
Last edited by matthewa at Aug 5, 2014,
I got the Strymon Timeline the other day and it's ****ing mental.

I know it's out of your price range, but I've been messing around with it for a few days now and it's definitely worth saving up for.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

depends what you're using it for. have a look at the boss dd-20. four presets, footswitchable. the tape, analog, and modulation settings are pretty killer. plus it's cheap, and with regards to reliability, it's boss. enough said.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
depends what you're using it for. have a look at the boss dd-20. four presets, footswitchable. the tape, analog, and modulation settings are pretty killer. plus it's cheap, and with regards to reliability, it's boss. enough said.

solid call. DD20 and DL4 would have to be my fav of the big delays. Wasn't much of a fan of the timeline whilst I had it. Maybe get a DD20 for when your DL4 footswitches die in the arse (they will!)
Quote by 7thString
solid call. DD20 and DL4 would have to be my fav of the big delays. Wasn't much of a fan of the timeline whilst I had it. Maybe get a DD20 for when your DL4 footswitches die in the arse (they will!)

What didn't you like about the timeline? O.o

TS: I wouldn't do anything. Unless you are moving towards a specific delay sound or increasing your budget there is no point to change. The DL4 is a very decent delay. It's definitely comparable to the TC and boss alternatives, and I wouldn't sell one for either of the others just because. Unless there was a specific function that I wanted that was only on one (which doesn't seem to be the case).

What don't you like about the DL4? Why are you thinking about getting something else?
RIP Gooze

cats