Hello,

Full-priced JP6 guitar are normally out of my budget, but a shop in my country has some that I could afford. The guitar is, according to the shop's site, a "Music Man M960 JP6 Signature John Petrucci PEARL REDBURST".

It's the M960 that throws me off. The only thing I get when making a search on this number is this same shop... Among the rest of the specs that may help identify it :

Mechanics : Schaller Bloquantes M6 IND
Bridge : Vibrato Custom John Petrucci Music Man
Pickups : Dimarzio LiquiFire (DP227) et Crunch Lab (DP228)

It seems there has been so many JP6 over the years that I'm a bit lost to know whether this guitar is worth buying or not. I can provide the direct link, but since it's a link to a shop, I'd like to know if it's OK first.

Thanks.
Guitars: Music Man JP7 2009 (piezo) and JP6 2013, Fender Stratocaster US 1991
Music Man did indeed list the John Petrucci model (basswood body, dot inlays as opposed to the shield inlays, DiMarzio pickups, etc.) as the model 960. It appears in the Blue Book of Electric Guitar Values. I cannot vouch for the website you are looking at, but the "960" designation was used for that EB/MM John Petrucci guitar.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thanks, I didn't know this blue book. I'll have a look, maybe it'll help me identify this JP6.
Guitars: Music Man JP7 2009 (piezo) and JP6 2013, Fender Stratocaster US 1991