So call me crazy...but I might be getting tired of the Timmy. It is absolutely a great pedal, but at times it just seems to be a bit...bland. Right now I am getting great results by putting it AFTER every other drive and using it as just a tone shaper/subtle volume boost. It adds just the right extra touch sensitive grit and sparkle, but I'm sort of craving a different sound. I was looking at hunting down a Barber LTD or a Walrus Mayflower just to change up my sound a bit and add extra "character". Any suggestions for a light overdrive or boost that you feel might offer this?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at Aug 5, 2014,
Ocd
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Ehx Soul Food, Xotic AC Booster, Boss Blues Driver. The BD2 is the gainiest, the AC Booster is the fattest (tonewise) and the Soul Food is the most subtle.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Ah, I've considered the Soul Food. It seems like a good deal, but I've wondered about the Xotic AC Booster. I've actually played an OCD and it has a bit too much mojo for how I want to use it...I preferred it running with more gain almost like a distortion pedal.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
The Mayflower is just the Timmy with input/output buffers.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs