http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2716106/Gardeners-Question-Time-caught-race-row.html

"Dr Ben Pitcher, a senior lecturer in sociology at the University of Westminster, says the panel show is ‘saturated’ with racial language.

From debates about native and non-native plant species to advice about the purity of different soil types, the programme’s resident green-fingered experts are secretly feeding nationalist and fascist fantasies, he claims."

The mail's good for a laugh sometimes, especially the on-line side. It's almost like the editors go out of their way to wind their typical audience up... Which judging by some of the comments, is Definitely working
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
SPADE: To most gardeners, it is no more than a simple garden implement. But in America, the word has long been a derogatory term for African Americans, equivalent to n*****.

This can't be serious.

I'm pretty sure that "spade" is not a racist term in America. I won't deny it's funny though.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
Yes it actually is sexy beast. It's rarely used and still also can mean a shovel in proper context. Or the suit in a deck of cards.

But isn't it a coincidence that most gardeners are old white people? Murrrrr?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
That was just stupid. I enjoy plants, I sew seeds and reap the harvest. I feel really bad if one dies and when I kill them I apologize to them.
Quote by SexyBeast810
This can't be serious.

I'm pretty sure that "spade" is not a racist term in America. I won't deny it's funny though.

It is. Its one of those words from the sixties or some other time of racial tension.

apparently its from playing cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

got a real laugh out of "sheep wanker"
GO RAVENS!

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Waaaait....

Did you just say you can't rape?

2012 NFL Thread Mock Draft Champion
Last edited by somedude789 at Aug 5, 2014,
lawns r dum

Quote by somedude789
It is. Its one of those words from the sixties or some other time of racial tension.

apparently its from playing cards.

I've never known that. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson