I'm just wondering how I can get rid of the stock clean guitar tone I get when I plug into my interface. It really interferes with recording and trying to get a tone I want through guitar rig and stuff. It's the tone that starts working right when I plug into the interface without even getting into my DAW or anything. The sound doesn't get recorded either , its just there whenever I play live.
That sound is the guitar sound, and it does get recorded.
Thing is, on the recording you have fx processors that makes it sound like it's passing through a guitar amp.

How are you monitoring the signal you're recording?
'cause you probably are using the direct monitoring of your interface, and you should avoid that in order to hear what you want.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm using steinberg CI1...

Spambot, sorry don't think thats whats wrong. The fx through guitar amp are there seperately from the clean guitar tone coming from my connection to the interface..they are layered together and when I only play back the recording there is only the recorded guitar through the fx channel.

monitoring my signal? Um not sure what that means fully. The audio line goes from the guitar to the hi-z input of CI1, then transferred to cubase.
wow im stupid. I just discovered a input-DAW knob on the interface which decides which one Im hearing....thanks anyway.
Monitoring means monitoring, and in this case it's referred to audio.
It basically means listening.

What you were hearing was half coming from the DAW, so what I described in the first part of the previous post, and half coming through the direct input.
That part coming directly from your input is referred to as direct, so listening to the audio coming from the interface without passing through the computer is called direct monitoring.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Sounds to me that you're monitoring your input and not monitoring your pass through DAW sound, you need to load some fx one the channel you're recording and next to the mute button it I believe there is a little speaker looking thing, that enables your realtime record monitoring effected via the effects that you've loaded. The interface itself should have explanation in the manual how to disable the input monitoring.
The fact that the drivers are causing it to sound worse... yeah, replace it with the focusrite. Never heard anyone complain about those.
Quote by hermanwaltz
The fact that the drivers are causing it to sound worse... yeah, replace it with the focusrite. Never heard anyone complain about those.

Bringing back a 3 month old, solved thread and 'solving' a problem that is never described in the thread with a new purchase instead of finding the issue? what a waste of time