Hey guys, am I being silly here? Recently I picked up an Eric Peterson Old Skull V (It's a good Dean) and I really, really, really like it. Is it worth me picking up another one for live use as I was after it for about six years and would hate anything happening to my first one...

TLDR: Possibly buying another version of a guitar I already own, worth it?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
If you're playing live and want/need a spare (even if it's to spare the one you already have from being damaged since you love it so much) that sounds fair enough to me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
If you're playing live and want/need a spare (even if it's to spare the one you already have from being damaged since you love it so much) that sounds fair enough to me.

Problem is I'd have to get it shipped over from Germany, I can't read German, so this will be fun!

I mean obviously my parents will object, but if I can sneak it past them and say I've had it ages (Which is technically true

I mean what's the QC on these models like, I know Dean hasn't got the best of reputation so far, but my Dean seems to be good so far. Apart from me stupidly tearing out the input jack (Stood on a cable and pulled it!) and losing one of the small screws!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100

I have no idea, I haven't tried very many deans at all. One I think, IIRC. And ages ago.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's the issue... I know you guys don't like Dean stuff, haha. I've owned... Four deans in my life time. One of which is my brothers, but the ML's I used to have were pretty nice. Quite like this one, I'll probably order one after the weekend depending on fundage (Festival going!)
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 5, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Can't find one in the UK at all!

Only place that has it is Amazon UK and it's a third party seller in Germany (Who ships to the UK. It's about £500 new, so I'm considering it!)
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Oh, you're...over there.

Well, I didn't look to see the shipping policies of the places I looked. I know some of the sellers on Reverb ship internationally. And Musician's Friend does as well, as I recall, but I don't know how much it would cost.

Lotsa luck!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I have "bar guitars" for the less gentile venues I play. For those, the better stuff stays at home.
that's anti-semitic
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's anti-semitic

Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Hmm...if you're playing at a bris, do you need to use a headless guitar?

It would be a terrible shame if somebody sold their beloved Gibson Flying V to later realize they need it as a backup...

I knew you'd come crawling back.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 6, 2014,
Just check out Guitar Geek. Many, many pro guitarists have multiples of the same guitars if they like them that much.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It would be a terrible shame if somebody sold their beloved Gibson Flying V to later realize they need it as a backup...

I knew you'd come crawling back.

I still have it
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I still have it

Really? Why not use that as a backup and save hundreds of £££?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Because Fisheth is a fool who wont sell it me...
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Unfortunately I found it had some damage in the back of the headstock and I'm cautious about taking it anywhere now!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Hmm...if you're playing at a bris, do you need to use a headless guitar?

Not bad, a 25.5" scale 24-fret guitar in just 31" of length at 5 lbs.

Just stuff it down your pants.
Last edited by dspellman at Aug 6, 2014,
Quote by Fisheth24
Unfortunately I found it had some damage in the back of the headstock and I'm cautious about taking it anywhere now!

It would be far cheaper to get a luthier to take a look at it, and to repair what damage might be there, than it is to buy a whole new guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee