So recently I've extensively played with two amps, a Peavey VK212 (which I own) and Blackstar Stage 60 (tried it a few times). The problem I've ran into is that I have to run the bass and resonance low and very low respectively to get a clear distorted sound. My guitar is a SoCal with a Duncan Distortion, so there shouldn't be too much low end from the guitar aspect of things. Moving the pickup height didn't do too much

I though it might be the crappy VK speakers, but then I had the same issue with the Blackstar. So I guess I want to know if it's a natural thing for amps to sound bass heavy when it's you playing by yourself, . I have the volume a tad above 2 for the VK, and around 11:00 for the blackstar's OD2 channel (around 9:00 for the master volume, if not a bit lower).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
The VK's distortion is a bit meh, and blackstar's don't sound much good in general if ya ask me.
Also what tuning are you in?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
It depends on where you are in relation to the amp, in my experience. If you're sitting a foot or two from the amp it will sound really bass-heavy, but when you get 5 or 6 feet away it is much less so.
I'm in E standard tuning, .09 strings. They aren't too old. I'm basically near the amp, maybe 2-3 feet from it usually. Guess that might be it. Right now I have an EQ setting on my Line 6 M9 that's taking some bass away nicely, so for now I have it mostly solved.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 5, 2014,