So, i noticed that my bottom strap peg is kinda loose. I already filled the hole with some wood when i changed the pegs for straplocks, but its loose again. Even if i tighten the screw back in, it gets loose in a matter of minutes, but always to a certain point an no further. So how can i fix this permanently, because i dont want my guitar to smash to the ground during a gig.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Tooth picks and Elmers glue..

put a little glue in the hole.. then shove tooth picks in the hole until you fill it up... Break the tooth picks off below the edge of the hole... Let it set up a bout a half an hour... put the strap button back in.. let it sit over night..... if it loosens up again, I'll be surprised...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
I actually did that once before. And after that came loose, i put in a solid wooden plug, that i had to hammer in becuase it was so tight. And its still coming lose.
WOW... then I don't know... I got a Les Paul that I used my trick on probably 10 years ago, and it's never pulled out.. Not sure why yours is still pulling out..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Not to be dumb....but did you use the wood glue portion of what was suggested or did you just shove the wood in?
Here's how I would do it, if the simple toothpick and glue fix has failed. -

Drill the hole a bit deeper and wider, use the correct size dowel for the hole, say 1/4" and glue the dowel in. Then drill a new screw hole in the dowel. The drill bit for the screw should be the same diameter as the shank on the threaded part of the screw.
Quote by Fastmerc
Not to be dumb....but did you use the wood glue portion of what was suggested or did you just shove the wood in?

I did do the glue portion.

Quote by Tony Done
Here's how I would do it, if the simple toothpick and glue fix has failed. -

Drill the hole a bit deeper and wider, use the correct size dowel for the hole, say 1/4" and glue the dowel in. Then drill a new screw hole in the dowel. The drill bit for the screw should be the same diameter as the shank on the threaded part of the screw.

This is actually exactly what i did, and it still loosens up...

And i cant use a bigger screw because anything bigger wont fit in my straplock button.
What type of wood is the guitar body made of?
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Your gonna have to do what you already have done for fixes. You must be kinda rough on it, because I have never had issues after fixing wide holes even with tooth picks and I have guitars that were fixed 20ish yrs ago.

Good luck
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 6, 2014,
Im not buying a new guitar, this one is the best i have ever played
I would drill out for a 1/4 dowel and make sure to use a hardwood dowel...not pine or anything. Glue it in and try again. Also use a longer screw this time and make sure to pre drill your screwhole with a bit that is somewhat undersized to the screw you are using.

Nothing new that anyone has said obviously but toothpicks are soft wood so maybe that was the issue.
pack some wood glue in the hole, or use gorilla glue, i didnt have wood glue for so i used gorilla glue for one of the holes in the back for the cover to the floyd rose springs, worked like a charm