Hey guys I was just recently offered a trade of a Randall Diavlo RD5H for my H&K Warp 7 head and I'm looking for some outside thoughts and opinions on this. I done some googling and there aren't a lot of reviews on the Diavlo but from what there is it sounds pretty killer. I've checked out some YouTube videos and it the sound is pretty impressive but that's always through various mic and cab setups, no one seems to have posted anything with the dummy loaded DI out which is what's really appealing for me.

As far as my styles I do lean primarily towards metal and it sounds like it definitely covers that in spades. I do enjoy a good clean tone which it sounds like it could be lacking, but I do have that covered with other amps and gear so it's not a big concern for me.

Bottom line I guess I'm just looking for some other thoughts and opinions on this amp and whether it would be a good trade. Thanks guys.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Killer little amps. I bought a few at a GC Outlet for $40/piece, and still have one. Sweet little hot rodded Marshall tones, and they sound huge (for a 5W) through a big cab.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Mmolteratx have you tried recording with DI out at all? How does it sound?
Sounds like you want to try it out. Is the Randall a fair trade price for the H&K? Can you easily flip the Randall if you don't like it?

If you answer yes to both then do it and you can always keep the GAS line moving if you don't like it.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by mmolteratx
Killer little amps. I bought a few at a GC Outlet for $40/piece, and still have one. Sweet little hot rodded Marshall tones, and they sound huge (for a 5W) through a big cab.

And you no sell one to me?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
And you no sell one to me?

He offered them here and I got ridiculously lucky in getting the last one he had available, for which I still owe him positive karma.

I'm waiting for the NEXT sweet deal he finds from GC outlet (Can't believe there's one in Dallas and not in Houston, what WERE they thinking!!) but unless there are plenty of whatever it is, it's only fair that I'm at the back of the queue, given I already got one.

I'd trade it for a Tweaker 88 head tho...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I am definitely interested in trying it out but the guy live 2.5 hours away from me and won't be coming into my city till next week. I'm going to check out the local Randall dealer but the few times I've been in their shop they just seem to carry the solid state stuff, granted it has been a little while.
if you are willing to drive 2+ hours, and gas (don't know where you are or what you drive, i would at least find one to play first. or at least meet halfway and have a place to demo it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/