I have ibanez RG1570 basswood guitar and i want to upgrade it's stock pickups.
I did some research on various pickups and I seem to like D'marzio D Activators and Crunch Labs most,however I was not able to find a lot of their comparisons. Perhaps anyone tried both of them?
I only have a D Activator-X Bridge on a mahogony body 24.5 scale guitar.
It's not a X2N-edgy kind of compression but it sure is very compressed. Very low-middy.
From what I've heard, D Activator can cut a bit more than a D activator-X due to the upper-mid spike.

I've no experience in the Crunch Lab.
Do you feel like I do!?
I have a D Activator set in my S420. It's my go to djenter, the low end is really fat and powerful, but not muddy. It doesn't have surgical tightness and it's not anemic in any way. Real thick, bassy/low middy palm mutes.

Think Nocturne by Tesseract and A Wolf Amongst Ravens by After the Burial.

The Crunch lab I don't like. It's tighter and high middier in a way I don't like, it's honky in comparison. It's great if you are going for a virtuoso type of tone, but I haven't found it useful for anything else really.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I have a D Activator set in my S420. It's my go to djenter, the low end is really fat and powerful, but not muddy. It doesn't have surgical tightness and it's not anemic in any way. Real thick, bassy/low middy palm mutes.

That pretty much describes the D-Activator 7 set in my AW-7. Spot on.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
i love the CL/LQ combo that i threw in my 2750EVSL Prestige they work great together. they for me the right outpt, think of a smooth via lead for the liquifire definitely one of my favorite neck pickups, and the crunch lab has a nice broad upper mid presence but doesn't fall apart on the bottom. tighter crnch with a nice thud.

my statement comes from the thrid channel of a MKIV being boosted lightlly (and a bit) by a zendrive.

they are voiced well for the RG IMO.

i like them better than the TZ/AN on my 3550MZ that comes stock on the 3000 series.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
personally, I love the crunch lab I put in my USA peavey guitar. I didn't like the dactivators I tried but they weren't in the same guitar so it isn't a fair comparison but I would lean toward the crunchlab personally as I've tried it in 2-3 different guitars with different body woods and loved it in each but it sounded best in my UsA peavey.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by EddieHet

He is playing a JP12 with CL/LQ combo on it. (Vote for him he is fking great.)

i was looking at the specs of a JP6 VS a 1570RG and they have the same body neck and some body woods. some had different fretboards some didn't. yes that isn't a huge thing, they are comparable.

and i love the CL/LF.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/