Page 1 of 3
Anyways, I wanted to post about some purely unscientific findings I've collected regarding physical attraction.

Basically, post about observations I've made about peoples attraction to the other sex.

1) What they think the opposite sex finds attractive (appearance)

2) What they find attractive in the opposite sex (still appearance)

What I've found is that first off, women tended to say that they think men like women who are rail thin but with huge tits. Men on the other hand were curiously split along two lines: some said that women like big pecs, and the others said that women like skinny guys with visible abs. Visible musculature was the shared quality here. Whats more, people tended to think that these were fairly absolute, all-sweeping preferences.

Now when I asked the second question, something interesting happened: basically, no one cared. Or well, obviously everyone cared. Lets not beat around the bush, physical attractiveness is important. We are visually based animals and we like people who look good to us. The point is, women said that they liked guys who were bigger than they were, muscular but not colossal, but being skinny and small was okay too. Fat was also acceptable. Men on the other hand said that skinny girls are hot, but they didn't mind extra weight either. More cushion for the pushin, as it were. A bit of a belly was often considered "cute". Big, nice looking tits were usually preferred, but no one minded small boobs either.

You see where this is going? Basically, it seems like both genders think that the opposite genders preferences are much more narrow than they actually are. They tend to think that the opposite sex wants one specific thing, whereas in reality their definition of attractive is fairly broad. To put it succinctly, as long as you weren't extremely skinny, extremely fat, or immensely muscular, you were fine. It seems that no one gives as much of a shit about how you look as you do.

I thought this was interesting. Be yourself and someone will love you.

Unless you are a legit gross and awful person.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Aug 6, 2014,
i find chubby girls with soft bellies and big boobs attractive especially if they are older

that is my findings on physical attraction but they are definitely scientific
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
hm.. well I'm definitely a sucker for the messy just-got-out-of-bed look on girls.
It's great when a girl knows how to clean up good but if she does it too often it takes away a lot of the appeal behind seeing her in a nice dress etc.

as far as body goes, I like em skinny-er but not skin and bones model skinny.
it's all about proportions imo. also, i definitely like longer hair.

+1 to the be yourself part. nobody can pull of "you" better than yourself, and everything is attractive if it seems natural.
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
I could get all academic here..... In very general terms, most of the physical things that go to make up "attractiveness" from a biological standpoint are things that indicate good mating potential and production of healthy offspring.
So...Things like clear skin, shiny hair, clear eyes, good teeth, fit bodies... All indications of the prospect of healthy children.
I recall some anthropologist-types dealing with some rather primitive Amazonian tribesmen. They showed these guys some line-drawings of female torsos.
"which woman would you pick?" They all chose the one with the most-prominent hips....
"Many children!"

Then there's culture. This is just as important as the hard-wired biological response. Anyone who's paid attention to advertising copy and films and such knows that standards of beauty and attractiveness change wildly over time.
Women that would have been considered hot stuff around the turn of the century would be considered unacceptably chubby today.
Even famous film stars of the 40s... Marilyn and Eva and those ladies.... Often derided as "fat" today... Though they were the fantasy love-interest of millions of American men.
And those things vary wildly internationally as well. The Arab man's idea of beauty is likely to be quite different from ours. Look at traditional belly-dancers from the Middle East generally.... Big gals for the most part.

Finally.... On an individual level we see the most variability. There's a theory on that too... The late sex researcher John Money proposed the idea of the "love-map".... A psychological construct of an ideal mating partner, formed early in life on the basis of contacts with parents, siblings, care-givers...
It's almost a cliche that men "marry their mothers" or women their fathers... Often the resemblance is striking.
If one checks out forums like Reddit's "Gentlemen Boners"... Pinup or candid photos of various celebrities or media stars (all very innocent, despite the title) you can see the variability...A woman I might consider a knockout is "meh..." others, and likewise someone that other members are going wild over I might think rather ordinary.
Hmm...it's almost as if everyone has been led by mass media to believe that everyone else likes one body type when really personal preference is incredibly varied!

Honestly though, I agree with you and I'm glad it's being said, but I'm disappointed that it even needs to be said.
Looks / Physique are most important first of all. These will get you noticed, but if you don't have a personality to go with it you won't get too far. When I met my future wife for the first time, she looked nice and seemed to be enjoying herself. Subconsciously, I guess, I thought she could be an interesting person to get to know. How true that turned out to be
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyways, I wanted to post about some purely unscientific findings I've collected

You know this has been done thousands of times before, right?
Quote by sam b
You know this has been done thousands of times before, right?

about 13,970,402 times actually
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You know what really pisses me off?

When chicks say they don't like guys with muscles, that they're disgusting, etc to your face, but then you catch that same chick and her group of girls talking about the "hot guy with muscles". I think what people say they like and what they respond to are two different things.

Anyway, I think it's difficult to explain these things. I had a friend who had huge hips, but it wasn't attractive to me, then I met a Norwegian chick with huge hips and she was ridiculously attractive.

And I don't know how often I've heard guys saying they don't find coloured women attractive, but I've found some ridiculously hot. Attraction is weird. I like boobs more than ass, but the last chick I was pinning on was flat-ish but had an amazing ass.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
Well if the mating thing is true no wonder chicks like dudes with money. Cause money for their kids and all. And why so money thug girls in highschool dated the fat asshole drug dealers.
Last edited by Wormholes at Aug 6, 2014,
But Rapture, you're not privileged enough to post unscientific findings! D:
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Philip_pepper

When chicks say they don't like guys with muscles, that they're disgusting, etc to your face, but then you catch that same chick and her group of girls talking about the "hot guy with muscles". I think what people say they like and what they respond to are two different things.

This.
Quote by Philip_pepper

lol i see what your saying at the end but i dont think ive ever heard a woman lie about liking guys with muscles

i dont like really skinny girls, seeing bones and shit kind of grosses me out id much rather have a girl with some extra weight. but yea that was a quality OP, good job.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
i've read this post before, did you also post this on The Escapist
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I feel like attraction is a lot more complex than that and totally dependent on the individual.

The media image of the white, blonde, skinny, big breasted and curvy hipped woman is far from being everyone's idea of perfect, but it's so ingrained into our culture that we can dupe ourselves over and over into thinking it's the universal, reigning type of sexy.

It's all about you.

Quote by Philip_pepper

When chicks say they don't like guys with muscles, that they're disgusting, etc to your face, but then you catch that same chick and her group of girls talking about the "hot guy with muscles".

The thread was going so well, then I had to read this. We get it, you blame others for your insecurities. Shut up about it.
Quote by Wormholes
Well if the mating thing is true no wonder chicks like dudes with money. Cause money for their kids and all. And why so money thug girls in highschool dated the fat asshole drug dealers.

But then, why do girls go after guys who are losers? You know, the high school jock stereotype that ends up working a minimum wage job in his town, drinking on weekends and never doing much with his life?

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

The thread was going so well, then I had to read this. We get it, you blame others for your insecurities. Shut up about it.

No, not at all. I'm saying this happens as an example of chicks saying they like one thing, but then acting attracted to another thing. Surely, I can't be the only one who has noticed this. I'm sure it happens the other way around with guys, we probably don't notice it.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Aug 6, 2014,
Quote by Philip_pepper

No, not at all. I'm saying this happens as an example of chicks saying they like one thing, but then acting attracted to another thing. Surely, I can't be the only one who has noticed this. I'm sure it happens the other way around with guys, we probably don't notice it.

Girls, (hell, actually women in general) act and talk differently around men then they do with other girls. I think it's true to say that also applies to men too. Getting back to the question I think a certain type of girl is attracted to a certain type of bloke, especially in the teenage years. It's only later with a bit of maturity that both sexes can see the other attractions - humour, intelligence etc.
It's a reflection of what a culture finds ideal. You look at attraction culture to culture and they find different things attractive.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Philip_pepper

Anyway, I think it's difficult to explain these things. I had a friend who had huge hips, but it wasn't attractive to me, then I met a Norwegian chick with huge hips and she was ridiculously attractive.

And I don't know how often I've heard guys saying they don't find coloured women attractive, but I've found some ridiculously hot. Attraction is weird. I like boobs more than ass, but the last chick I was pinning on was flat-ish but had an amazing ass.

You're the only person under 55 that still says "chicks."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I think magnetism is my favourite just because it can be demonstrated in such a casual way that it's even considered entertainment.

Like gravity is just there, and strong/weak nuclear is Idk

I do like jumping and having atomic clocks and stuff, but sticking two magnets together is so much more fun
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
A lot of what we think we find attractive is actually what our society/culture tells us to find attractive.

For example, tan skin is considered attractive in most western countries nowadays, but in many eastern countries the struggle to be pale is real.
PM me for newts
Quote by Philip_pepper

sad and lonely and afraid

also i dunno maybe they were referring to someone who actually looked good and determined he wasn't the type to hate "chicks" (lol for real) for no reason and wasn't a really gross person in general
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
people have faces too ya know
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I find Indian women the most attractive, not Native Americans, but women from India. They are beautiful.
Quote by StewieSwan
A lot of what we think we find attractive is actually what our society/culture tells us to find attractive.

For example, tan skin is considered attractive in most western countries nowadays, but in many eastern countries the struggle to be pale is real.

Ya, this is a big obvious one I find. But, it was once like that in the west as well. It's funny, because it is sort of economics that decided this fashion.

It was fashionable to be fair skinned, because a wealthy girl could walk around with her sunbrella, watching cricket, and not get a tan, because she was rich. But people outside farming, would be really tanned. So fair skinned was wealthy, and attractive.

It's still very much like that in the east. But in the west, now farming is pretty rare, and people work in offices and the such, and if you get a tan, it's because you're travelling abroad down south, or hanging out on a beach, or going to the tanning salon. So, it's kind of more of a sign of wealth in the west to be tanned, than it is to be fair.

And you hear people talk in disgust sometimes about people being so white. Which I don't get, and I don't understand how that happened. I find there's nothing wrong with fair skin, and I'll tell you what else, if you work at protecting your skin from the sun, and at keeping it fair, it will look younger and healthier longer. People that go to tanning salons are oldifying their skin.

It's crazy how fashion, and rumours, and tv shows, and all that kind of stuff can really affect our perception of beauty. Either that, or it's kind of an emperor's new clothes thing and what we all say we find beautiful, is just not to seem different, and agree with general consensus.
Last edited by fingrpikingood at Aug 6, 2014,
The OP is only focusing on one aspect of physicality though. I take face far more into consideration than body type, I definitely prefer skinny girls, actually I only like skinny girls but face and hair is a far bigger thing for me.

For example; If a girl has a nice body but a horrible face then I won't go near her. Same even applies if a girl has a nice face but has disgusting greasy hair, then, again I won't go near her.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by Philip_pepper
But then, why do girls go after guys who are losers? You know, the high school jock stereotype that ends up working a minimum wage job in his town, drinking on weekends and never doing much with his life?

"Girls" don't act in a certain way. Stop saying "chicks", you're an adult. Don't pretend you didn't just talk about how pissed off you are that you've seen women specifically do that, by pretending that you meant women and men all along. For your own good, get over yourself.
Quote by ProgFripp74
For example; If a girl has a nice body but a horrible face then I won't go near her. Same even applies if a girl has a nice face but has disgusting greasy hair, then, again I won't go near her.

well if she has geasy hair them im going to assume she doesnt have good hygiene. but if she has a great body but a not so great face thats ok, from a looks stand point anyway.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
I just like a girl/guy that looks like they take care of themselves.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
"Girls" don't act in a certain way. Stop saying "chicks", you're an adult. Don't pretend you didn't just talk about how pissed off you are that you've seen women specifically do that, by pretending that you meant women and men all along. For your own good, get over yourself.

oedipus rekt
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Wait you guys are really flipping out at him saying chicks? I'm pretty sure I've seen some of you say "lol" before, which isn't an "Adult" thing to say.

And here it goes....
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

You know, it doesn't matter what I say, you love to shit all over me.

If this is a sexual thing, just letting you know, I'm not down.

Don't get mad at a dude in Scotland just because your culture hates your sexuality.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Aug 6, 2014,
Quote by Philip_pepper

Don't get mad at a dude in Scotland just because your culture hates your sexuality.

That's not true. When you're honest I don't. When you're being a dick, I do. Don't let yourself turn into a dick.

And again, get over yourself.
Quote by captainsnazz
that op isn't quite as bad as i thought it was going to be, congratulations

people are paranoid and insecure

neuroticman22

Quote by Philip_pepper

you are so dumb
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
oedipus rekt

this is really good
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Philip_pepper

Instead of posting your 2 cents in threads about how you hate women, just stick this in there and move on.

Quote by Philip_pepper

That's called taking what you can get.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I find what the opposite sex finds attractive is =/= me.

The same goes for guys, so, looks like it's you and me again, righty.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Page 1 of 3