Currently considering buying a Boss ME80.
I'll be playing mostly pop-rock and hard/metalcore in a band. I'll also possibly be using it live if thats possible.
I know regular stomp boxes will give better results, but I can't afford that atm.
Would anyone recommend this one for those generes?
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
Last edited by xhisor at Aug 6, 2014,
Quote by diabolical
Amp?

Shit, but probably going to be using a pretty good one at band practice/shows.
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
what effects are you after?
metalcore and Hardcore sound is pretty straight forward i guess.
however, if your amp is bad, doesnt matter what you toss in front of it, it will sound bad.
now, if you need the multi fx for live, depending on the effects you use, i'd suggest to save up a little and get a few pedals instead.
an OD pedal, Noise Gate and a delay if you need one would cost just a little more than a decent mfx if not as much.

anyhow, if mfx is what your want, take a look at the line6 m9 aswell.
i should say, i've yet to find a decent OD in a multifx.
some are better than the others but generally they aren't great.
Last edited by VeilSide at Aug 7, 2014,
Hardcore- assuming your amp is good: I use tuner, noise gate, delay.

I do have 2 delay pedals and a reverb pedal, but I play quite an ambient style of hardcore. Used to use some phase and chorus, but not so much anymore if at all.
No, don't get a multi-fx unit.

Just get a nice amp for those genres (like a Peavey 6505+ 112 combo), then a Tubescreamer-style overdrive in front of it to push it more and tighten the distortion, and a noise gate in the fx loop.

A delay and an EQ may be added later if you feel the need to, but that gear will nail that high-gain metalcore and hardcore distortion perfectly.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112