Hi All,

I was just wondering, for any of you Gilmour junkies out there who use a Boss Blues Driver pedal, what settings do you use for that Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here tone?

I play a Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster through an 18 watt tube amp (Traynor YGM-3).

I've been having a hard time really getting that perfect boost/crunch/heavy od sound. What pedal/guitar settings should I use to get that Shine on you Crazy Diamond/Time/Money/have a Cigar sound?

Thanks in advance...
Just screw around with it and your amp and find good EpiLP9 settings for Pink Floyd songs.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
This doesn't help with THAT pedal, but this could help you with Gilmourish tones in general, especially on "Shine on you crazy diamond":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrXsrPAFIc&sns=em

Another ingredient is his use of EMG singles in his Red Strat. There are loaded pickguards that have this set in them. Fernandes also offers this:

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/retrorocket/75-retrorocket-deluxe-dg.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I would try the DG20 EMG set but I'm lefty... haven't been able to find a lefty set anywhere.

I guess I'll just keep screwing around with the pedal 'till I find a good setting.

Thanks!
You can get a good fuzzy grit out of that Blues driver, which i can imagine does a decent enough job for earlier gilmour stuff, which was mostly strat and fuzz face i think? I have the Keeley version myself!

I'd guess that higher gain to get in to fuzz territory, but low on the tone to keep smooth sounding. That pedal can get really bright!
When you really want to nail the gilmour tones and grab a fuzz or muff pedal that blues driver will work really nice to boost it

edit:
Quote by EpiLP9
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I would try the DG20 EMG set but I'm lefty... haven't been able to find a lefty set anywhere.

I guess I'll just keep screwing around with the pedal 'till I find a good setting.

Thanks!

I don't think you need actives for 70's floyd, think he only started using them later on i think? Back then it was standard strat singles
Last edited by jaybals at Aug 7, 2014,