I bought a squier standard strat used. i was looking at single coil bridge picksups capable of doing metal. I know they have the sd jb and the dimarzio super distortion in single coil form. but i was wondering if there was a budget company like gfs or dragonfire that made a cheaper version of those? just wondering if I can grab one single coil pick up foir the bridge or if i actually have to buy a new pickguard and get a humbucker for the bridge. thanks in advance.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
I bought a squier standard strat used. i was looking at single coil bridge picksups capable of doing metal. I know they have the sd jb and the dimarzio super distortion in single coil form. but i was wondering if there was a budget company like gfs or dragonfire that made a cheaper version of those? just wondering if I can grab one single coil pick up foir the bridge or if i actually have to buy a new pickguard and get a humbucker for the bridge. thanks in advance.

i would personally put a standard bucker and get a new pickguard. make sure you get the right one as far as screw holes. if you cheap out on pickguards, do some degree your tone may pay. look at GFS (guitar fetish). for cheap gear they are the first i would deal with. i have heard that some (SOME) of the pickups are pretty damn good. some of their items aren't quite up to par.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i also notcied dragonfire as a hot railish pickup called the hot duo rail. and its only $22.95. i just dont wanna throw a shitload of money into it. just some cheap mods to have fun with. ill have to research that. I have had a crunchy pat from GFS, those are really nice anc cheap.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
i also notcied dragonfire as a hot railish pickup called the hot duo rail. and its only $22.95. i just dont wanna throw a shitload of money into it. just some cheap mods to have fun with. ill have to research that. I have had a crunchy pat from GFS, those are really nice anc cheap.

$23 isn't a little scary cheap for a pickup? i am not being snooty or anything but it just seems too cheap.

good luck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
thats about how much the GFS Crunchy Pat was. and it sounded great for the price. thats gfs and dragonfires thing.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
im sure the best option is probably just to save up for the super distortion single coil.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
im sure the best option is probably just to save up for the super distortion single coil.

personally that is what i would do if i didn't want to put a fullsize bucker in there. think $23 and shipping ~$30. if you play with the online companies you will probably pay $60 or $70 for what you want most sites have free shipping so

and one really cool thing is that Dimarzio has a policy that if you aren't happy with your pickup selection, you can send it back and get a brand new pickup of another time to try. so even if you don't like it you get another shot.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
right on. seems like a solid deal.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A