Page 1 of 2
no
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I don't think anyone is meant to be alone forever. Humanity's nature is that we progress and develop through interactions with others, often times through positive relationships (marriage, friendships, family, etc). For a while I thought maybe I was, because I just can't see myself positively impacting another person in that way. But then I realised that was selfish of me. Who am I to deny someone else the opportunity to put up with me, if that's what they want to do, you know? There might be other people who have only burnt bridges and damaged relationships and hurt people, so they might feel like they deserve to be alone forever, but that's not true. No one deserves to be alone forever. And those people certainly aren't meant to be alone forever.

So in short, no, and no one else is, even though it may seem that way.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Cardbored
Yep

Quote by Baby Joel
I don't think anyone is meant to be alone forever. Humanity's nature is that we progress and develop through interactions with others, often times through positive relationships (marriage, friendships, family, etc). For a while I thought maybe I was, because I just can't see myself positively impacting another person in that way. But then I realised that was selfish of me. Who am I to deny someone else the opportunity to put up with me, if that's what they want to do, you know? There might be other people who have only burnt bridges and damaged relationships and hurt people, so they might feel like they deserve to be alone forever, but that's not true. No one deserves to be alone forever. And those people certainly aren't meant to be alone forever.

So in short, no, and no one else is, even though it may seem that way.

Wisdom from the mouth of Baby Joels. But I'm not necessarily talking about deserving to be alone forever. Just that maybe you'll always be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong people, or maybe just say that one thing that you shouldn't have.
ah yeah I know what you mean. I've lived in a lot of different places, especially for my age, and I can't remember a single time where I felt like home, or that I belonged there, or I fit, or whatever. It was clear with all the different groups of friends, I was the odd one out. Not that I was estranged from them, but I was the most different, whether it was cultural, or personality, I don't know. And I find that when I'm around people, I tend to act in ways that I'm not proud of myself. Sometimes I put myself out there too much, demanding the spotlight with cheap jokes and sarcasm. Sometimes I withdraw so much to the point that I'm only there in body, not in mind. Sometimes I'm rude, sometimes I'm too much of a downer, sometimes I'm cynical, etc. It's that feeling where when you leave the party or whatever, you hate yourself for acting like a douche, and then you do it again and you don't know why.

I much prefer to be alone. I just wish I could find that one person that I'll feel comfortable around all the time, you know?

wow I'm really going for the long responses aren't I sorry, just feeling very introspective right now.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
ah yeah I know what you mean. I've lived in a lot of different places, especially for my age, and I can't remember a single time where I felt like home, or that I belonged there, or I fit, or whatever. It was clear with all the different groups of friends, I was the odd one out. Not that I was estranged from them, but I was the most different, whether it was cultural, or personality, I don't know. And I find that when I'm around people, I tend to act in ways that I'm not proud of myself. Sometimes I put myself out there too much, demanding the spotlight with cheap jokes and sarcasm. Sometimes I withdraw so much to the point that I'm only there in body, not in mind. Sometimes I'm rude, sometimes I'm too much of a downer, sometimes I'm cynical, etc. It's that feeling where when you leave the party or whatever, you hate yourself for acting like a douche, and then you do it again and you don't know why.

I much prefer to be alone. I just wish I could find that one person that I'll feel comfortable around all the time, you know?

wow I'm really going for the long responses aren't I sorry, just feeling very introspective right now.

That first paragraph precisely describes the last 5 years of my life. The 2nd paragraph precisely describes my life right now, although I'm pretty much at the point where the loniless is driving me insane. Keep up the #goodposts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nuSnE6GNdo
I will be, and deserve to be, alone forever. Both platonically and romantically. It sucks but sometimes you to take responsibility for what you have coming. I don't want to accept it, but I know I have to. It's the right thing to do.
Quote by TheChaz
That first paragraph precisely describes the last 5 years of my life. The 2nd paragraph precisely describes my life right now, although I'm pretty much at the point where the loniless is driving me insane. Keep up the #goodposts

yeah it just kind of feels like...like you know those fabric landscapes that you had as a kid where you could stick fabric people on and kind of have your own little fabric puppet show thing? I kind of feel like I'm one of those fabric people. I'm not part of the setting, or the landscape, or whatever. I've just been stuck on. I always feel like I'm distended a couple feet in an unseen dimension. Even though I can interact with everything with all my senses, I still feel very distant from everything.

to you and to everyone in this thread that has and will inevitably post.
it's all coming back

no I need someone to love but maybe I will be alone because I like to hold hands and one time I held this girl's hand and she thought that was silly
banned
Quote by Baby Joel
yeah it just kind of feels like...like you know those fabric landscapes that you had as a kid where you could stick fabric people on and kind of have your own little fabric puppet show thing? I kind of feel like I'm one of those fabric people. I'm not part of the setting, or the landscape, or whatever. I've just been stuck on. I always feel like I'm distended a couple feet in an unseen dimension. Even though I can interact with everything with all my senses, I still feel very distant from everything.

to you and to everyone in this thread that has and will inevitably post.

That feeling where you're sure that if you disappeared from the face of the Earth, nothing significant would change.

Quote by deadsmileyface
no I need someone to love but maybe I will be alone because I like to hold hands and one time I held this girl's hand and she thought that was silly

Holding hands is not silly. She probably just gets sweaty palms and was worried.
Quote by deadsmileyface
no I get sweaty palms actually thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt I appreciate that

The body produces sweat in attempt to cool itself in a situation of excessive heat and hand holding sure is a hot situation. Sweaty palms are all just part of the love game
I'd rather be alone forever, I'm not anti social or anything, but solitude is bliss
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I am not meant to be forever alone (nobody is for that matter) but at this rate I will be lol.

I only like solitude in reasonable doses.
Even though loads of people do die alone, Nobody deserves it.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
I don't think anyone's is meant to be anything. I'm alone a lot, but I generally don't mind it.
If I do at times feel not simply alone but truly lonely, I just remind myself that life's not over yet and things always change. When you're in good company, you don't think about the loneliness that preceded it, so surely it will be worth the wait.

Also, relevance:

From childhood’s hour I have not been
As others were—I have not seen
As others saw—I could not bring
My passions from a common spring—
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow—I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone—
And all I lov’d—I lov’d alone—

Then—in my childhood—in the dawn
Of a most stormy life—was drawn
From ev’ry depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still—
From the torrent, or the fountain—
From the red cliff of the mountain—
From the sun that ’round me roll’d
In its autumn tint of gold—
From the lightning in the sky
As it pass’d me flying by—
From the thunder, and the storm—
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view—
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 7, 2014,
every attempt to
is filled with holes
it reads like a polygraph
im told

im not bitter anyway
let it go

i never sleep still
lest i forget
tied down by handicaps
instead

i'm not bitter anyway
but i didn't want it to turn out this way

sing a long goodnight
forfeit any fight

refuse to rest assured

it comes with no reply
hold on too tight

i hang on every word

if it all ended tonight
you know that i wouldn't mind
it'd be back to the good old times
before it won

sing a long goodnight
forfeit any fight

refuse to rest assured

it comes with no reply
hold on too tight

i hang on every word

/tangent

Everybody has a confident and expressive side to them. For a lot of us, we have to first make the conscious decision to free ourselves from the stress and pain that results from a neurotic and addictive fixation on the negative in order to regain that part of us. We think, "k, I feel like shit - why?", and waste our time and energy trying to figure it out, at the mercy of our attachments to these negative thoughts and feelings. Introspection is helpful and necessary, but we overdo it out of anxiety and neuroticism and often miss the point. We let our wounds sit too long instead of healing, become too preoccupied with how bad it is, how painful it is. We become exhausted from running circles inside our own heads, and as a result, have little energy left to engage and adjust ourselves with the world and life around us.

Let your pain instead be your motivator, your reason, your fuel for your growth in becoming a stronger person. Leave your negative associations with the past behind you - you need to let that shit go, brah.. MOVE ON, and allow your wounds to heal. You are the only person with the control and power to think your thoughts, to say your words, act out your actions, and express your being.. so ASSUME control, ASSUME power, assume RESPONSIBILITY. You have nothing to hide or fear. When you really open yourself up to your genuine, transparent essence of your being and self, you find that you are really not defined by your injuries, pain, guilt, etc.. having trust and love for yourself is critical in trusting and loving one another. Get back in touch with and open yourself up to your core being, find the confidence, life, and energy that has been laying dormant in you, and communicate and express that. Know who you want to be, and be that. Only you can make it happen.
Quote by MinterMan22
every attempt to
is filled with holes
it reads like a polygraph
im told

im not bitter anyway
let it go

i never sleep still
lest i forget
tied down by handicaps
instead

i'm not bitter anyway
but i didn't want it to turn out this way

sing a long goodnight
forfeit any fight

refuse to rest assured

it comes with no reply
hold on too tight

i hang on every word

if it all ended tonight
you know that i wouldn't mind
it'd be back to the good old times
before it won

sing a long goodnight
forfeit any fight

refuse to rest assured

it comes with no reply
hold on too tight

i hang on every word

good stuff. Get up kids
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by piratemetalhead
*Word stuff*

I read all that in the voice of Leo from That '70s Show. I took the liberty of adding 'man' after every sentence while reading it.

edit: Both the Dude and stoner Keanu Reeves work great as well.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 7, 2014,
HA!

I'm just going to hang around in this thread and talk to myself from now on

is that enough of an answer?
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Not so much alone, just destined to never really achieve anything or amount to anything
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
YES.

If I ended up single and childless at 50, I could live with that.

I really don't have a fantasy of a wife and kids with a dog and a white picket fence. Screw that.

Just give me a nice place to live, peace and quiet, hobbies, maybe a business, and I'll be a pig in shit.
No one is meant for anything. I, however, will most likely remain in solitude.
I hate being alone but when I'm with people I just want them to go away. Both situations come with different thought processes. When I'm with people all I can think about is how I'm always the weakest link there and the most distant, even when I'm with my girlfriend, not just my friends. When I'm alone I think about drugs too much.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Honestly.....

Yes.....

All. The. Time.

I don't feel like I connect with anyone. The ones I did, I never had a chance with. Accepting the loneliness sort of helps. Idk. I'm not entirely comfortable talking about it.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by TheChaz
But I'm not necessarily talking about deserving to be alone forever. Just that maybe you'll always be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong people, or maybe just say that one thing that you shouldn't have.

I agree with the general idea of this but for me it's not that the place/time/people are wrong. I'm the one who's wrong.

I love people and being around people and making friends and stuff so I really never seem like I'm alone. But I feel alone because I have to hold back all the time. I get bored with certain types of people very easily which is why I keep trying to make new friends, I'm always looking for something new so I won't get bored and I can cycle back to someone I met earlier or something. I don't want to lead people on into what they think is a deep meaningful friendship where I don't feel the same though unfortunately it happens all the time. I suppose this should be a good thing, better than if no one liked me at all, and that's actually how it was a few years ago, but people I don't care about keep telling me all their shit and I don't want to use anyone or treat them badly. So I try to hold back and not get to know anyone too fast, because I don't want someone I don't care about that much to think they know everything about me.

tldr: it's basically all my fault

Right now I also feel very alone because my best friend moved to the other side of the world last week and from years of texting each other every single day, she didn't even tell me when she landed and I get that she'd be busy with moving in and stuff and she hasn't even fb messaged me or anything. I feel like she only considered me a best friend because she doesn't have a lot of friends and 2 of her other friends stopped hanging out with her and she didn't have anyone else. But now she's in a new place and she'll forget about me
cat
Page 1 of 2