Hello

I try to set the best height for string action on my guitar, but it's too high. when I set lower, than the strig is buzzing. Is there ideal height for the strings?
I use 12-54 strings on standard C tuning, if it means something, on 24.75 scale. What is the minimum height?
Is it buzzing across the entire fretboard? Or just half when you lower it?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
It's buzzing when I hold from 1st to 4-7th fret, mainly the low string, the high strings are acceptable. Now I set to 2mm on low string at 12 fret, and 1.5mm on high string at 12 fret.
It sounds like you need a truss rod adjustment.

What type of guitar do you have?

Typically I'll take and fret the first fret, with my other hand I'll fret the upper end like the 20th or something (do this on the 6th string).

What you are looking for is a gap between the string and 9th fret. No gap might mean you have back bowed neck or not enough relief, which is what yours sounds like.

Lots of people are afraid to adjust their truss rod. Checking this way will at least let you know if your neck requires adjustment.

Edit- this is a little complicated to explain.

Here is more info, this is acoustic which is similar except they don't have as many frets as electric.

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/repair/acoustic-guitar/truss-rod.php
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Aug 7, 2014,
My guitar is LTD EC-1000
When I hold by first and by 24th fret, than by 12th is no, or maybe some µm gap, I say it's straight like arrow. It's good? or should be some little gap?
You want to hold 1st and 24th, check height at 9th fret.

Does it touch the fret?

If you have a ruler you can also use this. There should be a slight gap at the 9th fret if you lay the ruler across the middle of the neck.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
There is no gap...the string touch the 9th fret. How much should be the gap? 1-2-3mm?
Can help me someone? On the lower strings are easier to play, for that, what recommend you for the neck relief and string height (by the 12th fret)?
How comfortable are you with adjusting the truss rod?

I'd add a little relief, there should be a slight gap. 1-2mm is fine, just depends on the guitar and your preferences.

Once the truss rod is adjusted you can mess with the string height and set it better.

If you aren't comfortable with this you may want to take it in for a set up. If you do be specific on what you aren't happy with.

You can pull he truss rod cover off and see if you have a tool that will fit the nut. Trick is to do small adjustments at time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr