Hey guys. I recently discovered the fender super champ x2. Does anyone have any experience with one? Any info on it will be appreciated
I have the original SCXD and love it. Unfortunately it looks like they took the Acoustasonic amp voicing out of the X2, which was a nice feature in the XD. I also have a GDEC that uses the FUSE software, which is also used on the X2. The FUSE stuff works well for me.
I have the older SCXD and really like it. I bought this amp used as a simple grab-n-go practice amp that sounded decent. I am continually impressed with it. Useful amp voices thru the Plexi, and a handful of useful effects with a no-nonsense control panel. I like. The X2 added tap delay which makes the most out of DD.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Bump, I'm also interested in this.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Thanks guys. Currently im not recording at all and from what your saying it seens like that is a big part of what the SC is about. Would it still be a good buy even with my current recording situation?
Played an XD and it was nice enough. Not really a fan of modellers but for a practice/recording amp it'd be fine.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Recording is not required.

It's a solid grab-n-go practice amp with useful amp voices and effects and tube output section. If you like Fender, Vox, 60s-70s early Marshall tone it covers them well. If you need Metal shred, step on down to Vypyr town. I prefer the old school tone of the SCXD but younger cats often gravitate to the more modern hi-gain stuff that Vypyr simply does better.

There are no perfect amps, especially at $300. Is it right for you? It really depends on what you play, where you play it, and who comes closest to tonal nirvana to your ears. For me that would be early Peter Green, early Santana, early Clapton, SRV, David Gilmour, Robben Ford, Jeff Beck. The SCXD covers these guys pretty well.

You???
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Aug 16, 2014,
I'm really a jack of all trades. I can play a song or two from each of those artists but i really love high gain stuff. Metallica, Volbeat, stuff like that. This amp seems to really cover blues, where my hearts at though.