For a long time i have been in search of good metal sound out of a larger amp. I am able to get an amazing sound out of the much smaller amps but not with my bigger Marshall JCM2000. I have a Frenzel Pre-amp that overdrives it pretty well, but it seems to lack low end, and gives a "Tinny" sound. I would like some suggestions on possible pedals,cab speakers, Amp Heads and pre-amps that people have had great experience with, that can create alot different metal tones.

Equipment: Marshall JCM Triple Super Lead, Frenzel pre-Amp (cant remember name), Marshall cab with Celestion Greenbacks, Schecter C-1 Classic, Fender Strat with Emg 81 and 60, Jackson flying V with Dimarzio Evo 2s.

Thanks for the advice
Keep it heavy
what smaller amps were you able to get a nice sound out of?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well your amp gives a warmer woolier tone and with greenbacks giving a lot of mids and highs.

For myself looking for metal versatiliy i went for a bugera 6262 with 6l6s with a wampler pinacle and plexi pedal for when i wanted more marshall. Orange 2x12 and I got the eminence attenuator style speaker.

Sadly im not into playing metal now but i would highly recommend this setup.
Last edited by DodgyKebab at Aug 7, 2014,
Im currently running through a Fender champ 600 and a Crate Palamino V8, both are class A amps and they distort so well.
do you think changing to a different cab speaker might change my tone enough, or look for a different amp head?
ah ok

yeah they're totally different types of amps. i'd have said they weren't as good for metal (more for vintage tones), but if you like them that's fair enough.

different speakers will make a pretty big difference, yeah. whether enough, And if you prefer the tone of a champ or palomino you might want to look at different amps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look into a EQ pedal... My TSL was real fuzzy sounding with WGS V30 and ET65 an EQ cleaned it up Alot!!!