ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
^

Assuming you're talking about 6 string guitars, some manufacturers offer wide-neck models, normally with a nut width around 1 3/4" (45mm or so). Off the top of my head the ESP george lynch signature has that, though it's far from the only one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gazza3535

could anyone tell me which style of electric guitar has the widest neck

Several manufacturers have 1 3/4" wide nuts as an option. But the neck approaches the same width as the standard necks as you move toward the bridge (most of which are standard width). Jim Soloway guitars can be had with an even wider neck (at the nut) of 1 13/16ths", and these are extremely comfortable. Soloway guitars will maintain that extra 1/8th" of width all the way up the neck, thanks to a custom-width bridge as well.

A neck will FEEL wider if you have fretwork that will support slightly wider string spacing on a conventional width neck. It will also feel a lot wider if it has a flatter radius (16" and up) and if it has a slightly thinner (depth) than normal neck profile.
^ that's a good point (first paragraph). Even some guitars with the 1 3/4" nut have normal spacing for the strings (some of the floyd-loaded models do that, I think, they just use the regular 1 11/16" string spacing on the locking nut- maybe even the george lynch one I mentioned )

good point about the feel too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ that's a good point (first paragraph). Even some guitars with the 1 3/4" nut have normal spacing for the strings (some of the floyd-loaded models do that, I think, they just use the regular 1 11/16" string spacing on the locking nut- maybe even the george lynch one I mentioned )

Floyd actually makes a 1 3/4" locking nut (and now I'm going to have to run and check the string spacing on it). I've had Gibsons that had 1 11/16ths" nuts, but because they had "nibs", the actual string spacing was the same as the 1 5/8th" nut guitars.
The widest I ever had was an Ibanez Destroyer DTT. Width is in MM at each fret
1 44.4
3 46.7
5 48.4
7 51.4
9 51.5
12 53.1

Jock
Quote by dspellman
Floyd actually makes a 1 3/4" locking nut (and now I'm going to have to run and check the string spacing on it). I've had Gibsons that had 1 11/16ths" nuts, but because they had "nibs", the actual string spacing was the same as the 1 5/8th" nut guitars.

LOL

Yeah floyd (and schaller) has a ton of different nuts. I cba going to check either but IIRC they might even have the same nut widths with different string spacings as an option
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?