Hi guys. First of all, I searched the web and forums but failed to find anything on the topic. Basically, After two years the licensed floyd on my Dean Razorback V255 Explosion is way worn out, so I've decided to upgrade. The problem is that I have no clue as to which size of FR Original would fit the guitar, and I can't actually go to a physical store and ask, for no one sells those in my city. So I ask you guys, is it possible? which model should I get?
-Thanks for any light you can shine on my inquiry, JF.
Take some measurements of your licensed Floyd Rose and then compare them to the PDFs here:

riginal-series/original">riginal-series/original">http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/6riginal-series/original

My guess that the Licensed and Original Floyds should have the same specs. The Licensed ones are made of cheaper materials to be more "affordable". Hope this helps!
^ they don't always have the same sizes (studs especially are often smaller on the licensed ones), but yeah measuring and comparing to the routing templates on the floyd site is a good idea.

what country are you in? in some countries the schaller (or schaller lockmeister), or gotoh (they also have routing templates though I think the schaller is pretty much the same as the ofr) might be a lot cheaper than the OFR. Far as i'm aware a lockmeister is an OFR with a schaller stamp on it (Schaller makes the OFR).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the replies, I'll try measuring tomorrow as soon as I'm able to and let you know.

About the brand you suggested, I'm 95% sure I won't find it here in Venezuela, maybe in the capital but even then I'm not so sure. Although I will look it up on Amazon, since I'm going to the US soon. Thanks for the advice.
Last edited by juanfrodriguez at Aug 8, 2014,
If you're going to the USA the OFR might be cheapest. Or maybe the gotoh. I'm not sure, you need to do some googling
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Alright, finally was able measure everything and it seems to be compatible, the dimensions in both bridges seem to be the same. Thanks for your help guys, I'll also check on the other bridges you mentioned before making a decision