Got a Squier Standard antique burst. it is used got it off guitar center for $150 shipped and with tax and everything. saved about $70 since they are $229 new. im enjoying. my first stratocaster or whatever. i know its not a real one but i like it. wanted to get something cheaper to play around with and mod. now onto the modding. def want to get a bridge pickup for thrash metal stylings. ill have to see what else is worth modding. I have some gfs sperzel tuners i bought and never used but they need holes drilled for screws and i dont even own a drill lol. anyways cool guitar for a cool price. now im able to put my ibanez in d standard and have this for e standard/drop d. cool stuff

Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah i really like it alot. its crazy how much better they are than the bullets and affinitys. i had a bullet and it was horrible. this is pretty solid stock. really enjoying it...
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
HNGD!

Quote by romeozdistress
Yeah i really like it alot. its crazy how much better they are than the bullets and affinitys. i had a bullet and it was horrible. this is pretty solid stock. really enjoying it...

I agree that the Bullets are horrible, but the Affinity series guitars are actually great guitars for the price. In my experience, they aren't behind the Standard series at all in build quality. Of course, there are a couple of lemons here and there (not very often, though, and that applies to most guitars in general), but overall the main difference is in the specs.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Aug 8, 2014,
Quote by Linkerman
HNGD!

I agree that the Bullets are horrible, but the Affinity series guitars are actually great guitars for the price. In my experience, they aren't behind the Standard series at all in build quality. Of course, there are a couple of lemons here and there (not very often, though, and that applies to most guitars in general), but overall the main difference is in the specs.

are the affinitys made in china? that kinda would turn me off. im really happy with my se, never owned an affinity, the bullet turned me off. i read alot of people say the standards are really nice. so i jumped on it.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
are the affinitys made in china? that kinda would turn me off. im really happy with my se, never owned an affinity, the bullet turned me off. i read alot of people say the standards are really nice. so i jumped on it.

Nowadays there's plenty of mass produced guitars, effects and amps made in China that are up to the stardards of equipment being mass produced anywhere else.
"Made In China" hasn't been automatically a sign of bad quality for me for quite some time now.

The Affinity series were being produced in Indonesia until recently. Right now I'm not sure where they're coming from (but I seem to recall that they moved production from Indonesia a couple of years ago), and I honestly don't care. All I care about is about the quality of the product, so where it was made is irrelevant.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Thanks for letting me know. I thought the standards were like a lot better. I could have scored an affinity much cheaper lol. I remember that for future reference.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Aug 9, 2014,
Quote by TheJawsOfDeath
HNGD! Love the finish on it.

Yeah me too. Solid guitar just need to save up for a metal style bridge pickup
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Congrats on your new Squier! Looks real nice.

As for all the Bullet hate, I don't know what y'all are talking about. I own two and they're quite nice guitars after a set-up.
Wouldn't really call it hate. Wouldn't stay in tune at all got me lol. My only prob with strats. The necks don't seem to be as wide as like guitars for metal. My ibanezs neck is wider. Taking done getting used to .
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
Thanks for letting me know. I thought the standards were like a lot better. I could have scored an affinity much cheaper lol. I remember that for future reference.

As I said, there are differences in the specifications between the Affinity and Standard series guitars.
For example, IIRC there are differences in the necks, so you might feel comfortable with the neck of a Standard Strat, and feel uncomfortable with the neck of an Affinity Strat.

Also, the hardware on a Standard is [slightly] better than the hardware on an Affinity.

But the build quality and wood quality between them is identical, IMHO.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Aug 10, 2014,
Interesting. In that case I should have just got an affinity hss lol.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A