So I'm getting pretty tired of working a shitty retail job having to take shit from people and going to work every day having to pretend to give a shit, make money for a huge corp. and not get dick in return.

so long story short I found out about this thing today called Lyft. Basically its like a taxi service except more friendly, you're not being picked up by a 50 year old in a beat up crown vic, and you pay less than you would for a taxi.

read more here: https://www.lyft.com/

im not exactly sure how the payments work and shit so I was wondering if any of you had experience with it? it sounds pretty chill actually. you just go around picking people up (most likely young people my age cause old people cant use apps) and if I decide what they're paying me is good, I can accept or decline to give them a ride.
pinga
I don't want people puking in my car.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I can pretty much guarantee it'll all be drunk people trying to pay you with pennies to drive them home
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Did you see the part about having to drive around with a giant pick moustache on your car? Because I feel if you'd seen that bit, we wouldn't be talking about this.
I've used Uber in Philly and NY, which was the original. Lyft stole the idea after taxi driver unions began lobbying to kick Uber out of certain cities.

Uber was cool, but it wasn't cheaper than a normal taxi. They send a much nicer car (I rode in two Lincoln MKTs and a Cadillac CTS, I thnk they probably get tax incentives for buying American), the driver is dressed all nice, the car is spotless, they use the A/C... all in all more like a town car pickup service than a taxi. What was interesting was that of the three times I rode, twice the car belonged to the driver, not the company. Most Uber drivers have to bring their own car as Uber doesn't maintain a large fleet. However the driver's car has to be in excellent condition. I hear they kick you to the curb pretty quick if you get complaints about the car.

I think they have a cheaper version called Uber X where they send some part timer in his personal car to pick you up. That's super cheap, cheaper than a taxi even, but you can end up in a Civic coupe that smells like pizza and weed. The drivers were also friendly and talkative. Better than when you get some taxi driver that barely speaks english and smells like old cheese.

EDIT: The way payments worked with Uber is that you setup Paypal or Google Wallet with the Uber app on your phone. When you call a driver it links the nearest available driver to you. The drivers have their own company-supplied iPhone with some special GPS fare meter app that gets linked to your phone through their network. It tracks the driver's route to calculate fare, and then you approve the paypal payment through the app. Tipping was still cash.

When the payment is processed you get a receipt in the email with a map showing your route, your driver's name and photo, and the chance to leave a review for your driver. Drivers also review the people they pick up for the internal system, so if you're a nuisance it shows up on their app and they won't come pick you up.
Last edited by Seref at Aug 7, 2014,
So weird i had this taxi idea today.

Problem 1 is buses can be awkward but it will be like being stuck in a lift with someone. 2 getting reliable customers and 3 personal safety.
You should check out conan o'briens experience with Lyft on youtube. Might be enlightening.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by heavyairship
You should check out conan o'briens experience with Lyft on youtube. Might be enlightening.

Thats how I found out about it.
pinga
Quote by lolmnt
I don't want people puking in my car.

this
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Seref
I think they have a cheaper version called Uber X where they send some part timer in his personal car to pick you up. That's super cheap, cheaper than a taxi even, but you can end up in a Civic coupe that smells like pizza and weed. The drivers were also friendly and talkative. Better than when you get some taxi driver that barely speaks english and smells like old cheese.

So you might get high and get to eat pizza?
And its cheaper?
So whats the down side?