Hey guys, decided to try my hand at industrial music and this is the first song from my new solo act - From Ear to Ear!

Could use some feedback on how it sounds, as I did all the instruments, vocals, mixing, and mastering myself! I will C4C - I promise!

https://soundcloud.com/fromeartoear/your-fate
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by InnerDream
dark vibe man - good mix

not my type of music at all but I get the mood and vibe your trying to create

what program are you using for drums?

I use Addictive Drums
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Haha I just listened to the new Godflesh single so I was totally in the mood for this kind of thing.

The song itself is actually great. I would find some more noise or samples or ambiance or something like that to stick in there at parts, just because I think the tone feels empty at some points, though the guitar tone itself is spectacular. It's composed really well, the riffs are all top notch, I was never bogged down waiting for something exciting to happen. The ending was a good choice too. My biggest complaint would be the vocals though. Try distorting them pleeeaase or bring them down in the mix. One thing I noticed helps for harsh vocals is if you want them to sound harsh without being too loud, is you can reduce the volume, but sidechain it to some other instruments, to give the illusion of them being louder when in fact they're closer to everything else's volume and you don't get that cringe effect when the vocals just start blaring out at you. Another thing I've done (and it's probably the wrong way of doing things) is to take a mixdown of the track, distort and compress it, reduce it's volume from anywhere between -18dB to -24dB, and leave that sitting on top of your other instruments and vocals as a sound for mastering, then when you side chain the vocals, chain it to everything BESIDES that mix-down or maybe just the guitars/cymbals. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

But yeah either way great job you know what you're doing! \m/ You don't have to critique my stuff or anything but give my band a listen.
Last edited by CF_Mono at Aug 9, 2014,