Page 1 of 2
Do you know any songs that have some sort of problem, glitch etc in them purposeful or not? for example, the song Stumbleine the track pans across the two channels each time he makes the 's' sound. it is super annoying every time I try to listen to it with headphones. it happens a good 50 times because he makes the 's' sound a lot.

EDIT: also intentional quirks in songs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tlfKhiArCM
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at Aug 8, 2014,
Anything by the Smashing Pumpkins has the immense problem that it sounds like the Smashing Pumpkins.

Do you listen to anything else?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Anything by the Smashing Pumpkins has the immense problem that it sounds like the Smashing Pumpkins.

Do you listen to anything else?

for the past 8 months no.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead
for the past 8 months no.

Seek help.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Seek help.

lol its not like i listen to the same song over and over, i have a good 109 songs to memorize the lyrics/instrumentation of. I probably got about them %75 percent memorized. I will admit that I have listened to one of the songs 150 times over the past 8 months to get the guitar part down because I wanted to learn that particular song.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
lol its not like i listen to the same song over and over, i have a good 109 songs to memorize the lyrics/instrumentation of. I probably got about them %75 percent memorized. I will admit that I have listened to one of the songs 150 times over the past 8 months to get the guitar part down because I wanted to learn that particular song.

I know I'm repeating myself, but...

seek help.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I also think you need help. You should definitely look into hiring a listening coach. Listening without the proper training can be a very dangerous thing and as far as I'm concerned it's very irresponsible to do so. A good coach can help you develop proper listening skills, so you can listening to pretty much anything without worrying about STD's (Sound Transmitted Diseases) like ALS (Awful Listening Syndrome) and ear herpes.

Do your parents know that you practice unsafe listening?
A glitch is something that happens that shouldn't, e.g. you play Call of Duty and your dude's leg disappears, that wasn't put in the game. What you have described is something done purposefully, so not a glitch. It's just something you don't like so my advice is...

...get over it! Yeah!!
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

More like Smashing Eardrums
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by 457undead

why
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I know that there is a song from the first Slipknot album with a 'glitch' in it, but I'm not entirely sure which one it was.

I think it was Eyeless where at a certain point you can hear the windows error noise in the background of the track.

I always found that pretty amusing and I'm pretty certain it wasn't intended to be there.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by 457undead
I will admit that I have listened to one of the songs 150 times over the past 8 months

Thats cute....

I've listened to one song over 150 times in the past 2 weeks.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
I think that a while back I would hear Happy over 150 times a week, because it was used in every commercial on TV. Granted, it wasn't the full song, but I reckon listening to 5 seconds of that song counts as listening to any other song in full.
Quote by Joshua1207
I don't think that is something to really brag about.

Eh, when I like a song, I throw it on repeat, listen to it all day, give it a 5 star rating on i-tunes and then get sick of it after a week or two. I have songs that have 500+ plays. My most played song currently has 3493. This doesn't include all the times my library has been wiped and I had to start the counts over. At one point I had a song nearing 10,000 plays. Hell, I had a 16 min song that had 1500 plays on it (given I just turned on i-tunes and left it running for a month straight, even while i slept).

Besides, I never get songs stuck in my head.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Are Smashing Pumpkins the current "band it's cool to hate" around here then?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I'm pretty sure at 2:34 I can hear a smoke detector going off in the background...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjqgdT35-Ko

Maybe someone burned a piece of toast in the studio.
Last edited by DaFjory at Aug 8, 2014,
Quote by metacarpi
Are Smashing Pumpkins the current "band it's cool to hate" around here then?

i hope not
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by captainsnazz
lol jazz
good call
Was that even jazz?
It sounded like pretentious avant garde pop music to me...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
You need to look up the definition of 'glitch', TS. Intentional quirks in a song are not mistakes or glitches, they're deliberately done by the mix engineer/producer for the sake of interest.

An example of a glitch (or error in the mix) would be the clipping of the snare at the start of a couple of songs on Unearth's album 'The March', because somebody mastered too hot with a slow-attack compression that missed the initial transients at the start of the track, and somehow nobody noticed.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAR7KmiCHto

Bonham's squeaking bass pedal. My friend pointed it out to me a few years ago and III and IV still bother me.
Gear:
Ibanez GSA60 Guitar through Zoom G1Xon to Vox VT40+
Ibanez SR300 Bass to Acoustic B100
Last edited by Just2340 at Aug 8, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2
Was that even jazz?
It sounded like pretentious avant garde pop music to me...

jazz = jazz_rock_feel
like it's not even a genre any more

and just what
it's not even close to being pop
it's not particularly avant
and it's fairly sincere

if you want a genre name: future garage aka music for sound designers
Quote by DamienEx1021
Eh, when I like a song, I throw it on repeat, listen to it all day, give it a 5 star rating on i-tunes and then get sick of it after a week or two. I have songs that have 500+ plays. My most played song currently has 3493. This doesn't include all the times my library has been wiped and I had to start the counts over. At one point I had a song nearing 10,000 plays. Hell, I had a 16 min song that had 1500 plays on it (given I just turned on i-tunes and left it running for a month straight, even while i slept).

Besides, I never get songs stuck in my head.

That is pretty damn crazy. In the two years I've been using last.fm for scrobbling and whatnot, the highest song count I have is 77 listens. Course, I can't scrobble /everything/ (listening in the car, playing from my ps etc) but still.

And I always have songs stuck in my head.
In "Homecoming" Off of The Great Kanye's album Graduation it sometimes gets a little quieter for a few seconds during the song. I don't know why.
Quote by captainsnazz
and just what
it's not even close to being pop
it's not particularly avant
and it's fairly sincere

if you want a genre name: future garage aka music for sound designers
Pop in the sense of popular music, the kinda music people started making in the '40s/'50s to make money by selling it, as opposed to music written following the classical tradition, written on commission.

Pretentious because it's music that doesn't make sense according to the classical tradition but doesn't follow any trend nor real genre of popular music, it doesn't contain melodies and such, so it really isn't even popular music in the literal sense, yet it's marketed and probably written as popular music.

Avant garde because that looks like a nice excuse someone writing that kinda stuff would use to justify writing something of that sort and marketing it as popular music.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Page 1 of 2