I have a recording of me covering a song and a backing track of the song with the guitar taken out, the vocals, drums, and bass guitar remain. I would like to take the recording of me playing the guitar part and add it onto the backing mp3 so that you hear my guitar along with the vocals and other instruments could someone be kind enough to help me with this please?
You could help yourself with it!

If I'm reading correctly, you already have the two MP3s(?) you want to mix. Download the free trial of Reaper, import the MP3s into a project (on separate tracks), set the levels as required & render the track.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yes I have both MP3's. Basically I was asking what I would need to do this with and instructions to complete the task, which you provided thank you!! I have a copy of Sony Vegas Pro is it possible for me to use that instead of the free trial of Reaper?
That's for video editing isn't it?

I guess it's possible it would work, but couldn't tell you for sure. I know most video software can cope with sound files as well, but I've no idea if you can do multitracking or how it would work!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yes It's for video editing. I tried and couldn't get it to work for me, so i got a copy of Audacity and it worked perfectly. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!