FS (UK) - Randall RM50 All Valve 50 Watt Combo with 2 MTS Preamp Modules

Hi all,

So I've decided to sell my beloved Randall RM50...I recently moved house and now just too big and loud for the property I'm in, so I need to downsize. It's only had light home use, so is in great condition, and I recently had an amp tech give it the once over, so it's in perfect working order. Will be sad to see it go, it really is a quality amp.

In case you don't know much about them, here's a bit more detail;

In the early 2000s, the company worked with Bruce Egnater of Egnater Amplification to create the MTS (Modular Tube System) series of guitar amplifiers. These involve a single amp head consisting of the power amp and part of a preamp, and slots in the head (one for the RM20 head and combo, two for the RM50 head and combo and RM22 head, and 3 for the RM100 head and RM100C combo, and 12 for the RM1250H) in which you can insert their various preamp modules. These modules are tube preamps in themselves that model various amps, from Vox and Fender style cleans, to Marshall crunch, to all out Mesa Boogie style distortion.

This amp had a UK list price of over £1200, plus the modules at £200 each.
The RM50 combo provides the flexibility to have any choice of two MTS preamp modules. It's a 50W, 6L6 powered with tube driven Accutronics Spring Reverb and is perfect for the active weekend musician. The spring reverb is fantastic, very deep and natural sounding and the supplied modules do an amazing job of capturing the authentic tone of the classic Fender twin (Blackface module) and Marshall Plexi.

RM50 Specification

PREAMP CHANNELS

2 Modular Channels

MASTER CONTROLS

Volume • Effects • Presence • Density

POWER AMP

All Tube • (2) 6L6

POWER OUTPUT

50 Watts

SPEAKER

(1) 12" Celestion G12T-75

FEATURES

Tube Driven Spring Reverb

Series EFX Loop

Parallel EFX Loop

Front Panel EFX Loop Mix Controls

Rear Panel Tube Bias Section

World Voltage Selector

Footswitch

Creme Vinyl & Palomino Grill Cloth

Supplied MTS Modules

PLEXI - Based on the preamp circuit of the classic Marshall Plexi

Blackface - Based on the preamp circuit of the Fender Twin

I'm looking for £500. Collection preferred - based in Harpenden, Hertfordshire.