Please check it out and tell me your opinion: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0s6DIdiFHCv

I'm trying to improve my playing, so I kindly ask more experienced players to give me some guidelines

Ibanez RG2550Z -> Guitar Rig 4 -> Laptop (integrated sound card, that's why it sounds like shit)

Thanks!
Last edited by Shred91 at Aug 8, 2014,
Odd, when I edited it the link was there and had the code. Thanks for pointing it out!
First off, that's a sweet tone haha. There are a couple parts that are flubbed or whatever but I feel this kind of thing could pass on a stoner metal album. The main thing I would work on is keeping your phrasing in a time signature. It sounds like you just picked arbitrary times to do fast runs or bends or pentatonic licks or whatever. But keep practicing, working on your scales and technique, you'll be shredding better than most people soon!
The tone is horrid haha, I'm figure something better out to record.
Stoner metal? Never heard music like that, but I could try.

And yes, I really did pick out arbitrary times to run licks and whatever, it was just an impro, albeit a bad one :P

Thank you for your time and support, your last comment surprised me really. Someday, I'll be good with it, but the thing is - I'm a blues guitarist. I started practising shredding because it's different and new to me and a challenge.
Quote by Shred91
The tone is horrid haha, I'm figure something better out to record.
Stoner metal? Never heard music like that, but I could try.

And yes, I really did pick out arbitrary times to run licks and whatever, it was just an impro, albeit a bad one :P

Thank you for your time and support, your last comment surprised me really. Someday, I'll be good with it, but the thing is - I'm a blues guitarist. I started practising shredding because it's different and new to me and a challenge.

0_o woah, I'm surprised because that sort of thing fits in well with a whole ton of bands in the style. Stoner rock/metal has always drawn a lot from blues. Some say it is blues, but with more distortion.

I
Think
You
Would
It
I actually liked it, mostly Fu Manchu and Jon Spencer Blues Explosion.