Recently destroyed my Gibson Standard SG and would really like to get another SG. Was wondering was 2010 a good year for the faded SG? This a decent price? $450
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
I don't know if one year was better than another for the Fadeds, I will let someone else comment on that. Price seems on the high side of fair. I had one of those with an upgraded bridge p/u (it was a S/D JB) and had it up for sale for 450 forever never got much interest in it at that price. I ended up trading it for a nice glock.
$450 is about right for a used SG Special.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
I've gotta ask, how did you destroy your sg? I'd maybe offer $375 for it hoping to meet at $400. Also, check out the Gibson SG Jr., killer guitar.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
$450 is too much for a faded. A new SG J is only $519 on Amazon; you’d be better off saving up a little more cash and buying new to get a guitar with a decent nut and a PLEK job.
i did go 375 and he came down to 450 from 550. are the gibson jrs better spec wise
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Its too subjective. The SG Jr only has a single p90. I assume they have similar hardware and electronics. The Heritage cherry finish destroys the faded finish in aesthetics. I loved the couple I tried and was a breath away from buying one but I wussed out cause I was worried about versatility. They're very nice guitars though and the two I was checking out were only $500. Conversely, I was checking out the LpJ/SGJ too and thought they were impressively unimpressive. The Faded SGs are pretty nice imo, I wouldn't feel too salty paying $450 for one if I wanted it, especially if its close to mint.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The finish on the faded specials and the new SGJ's is really a love it or hate it thing. Personally I love my SGJ and think it was a hell of a deal. However I was SO close to buying a Mid-2000's faded special beforehand. Played a couple, they've really nice. Check out www.everythingsg.com forum for some pretty good info on the running changes on a year by year basis. I couldn't really tell you if there was anything special or different about a 2010, but I'd be ok paying $450 for one.