So I recently bought myself an Axe FX II XL after 5 years of wanting one, along with some studio monitors. I sat down and played around and ended up writing this, which I think is one of the nicest things I've written.

https://soundcloud.com/ibz120/transitory-bliss

Any comments or criticism is welcome, on the mix or songwriting or anything at all! Leave a link for me to C4C!
Just trying to make us all jelly hmmm? -_- haha. First off, only complaint: Sounds typical of most things created with this tool, very ethereal and tonally conscious, though I'm sure this amp gives you power like no other to really get out noises precisely as you want them. That being said, I actually enjoyed this and the song is very well done. It's got enough going on so that I'm not being bored, but it's capable of being slow and pretty enough that it can be monotonous or repetitive for hours and I wouldn't mind. Actually, I would be excited for an album of stuff like this. Thumbs up!!!
Quote by CF_Mono
Just trying to make us all jelly hmmm? -_- haha. First off, only complaint: Sounds typical of most things created with this tool, very ethereal and tonally conscious, though I'm sure this amp gives you power like no other to really get out noises precisely as you want them. That being said, I actually enjoyed this and the song is very well done. It's got enough going on so that I'm not being bored, but it's capable of being slow and pretty enough that it can be monotonous or repetitive for hours and I wouldn't mind. Actually, I would be excited for an album of stuff like this. Thumbs up!!!

Thanks for the detailed feedback! It may sound like that because I only used stock presets on the unit Do you have anything I can C4C?

Also thanks to everyone else, it's good to hear people like it!
Do you own the TAM100? I was going to get a TAM10 (for reasons of cost) and then decided to go with the Carvin DC800 (based on reviews, comments, etc.).
I don't, the recommended link on that page is from Misha Mansoor from Periphery. I wish I owned one!
Quote by ibz120
Thanks for the detailed feedback! It may sound like that because I only used stock presets on the unit Do you have anything I can C4C?

Also thanks to everyone else, it's good to hear people like it!

Not really, unless you want to listen to the band in my signature. You don't have to post anything about it though.
So, that was really cool man! It's ambient feel reminded me a little bit of Olafur Arnalds (you should really check him out if you don't know him) and it's bell like sounds was soothing. Could almost be a movie soundtrack song!

Edit: Almost forgot, how can you make this better!? Layers!

Layers can make almost everything better. Increase your sound/song vertically instead of horizontally and a lot of ideas can come to you.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Quote by andyhargrave111
That was awesome man. Really cool ambient feel. I want an axe fx II badly lol. Check out my song lemme know if you dig it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PmAKIjzic

I really like this. I have no idea what you're doing with the rhythms between the guitars and drums but I love it. The melodies are great also. Nice work!

Also, thanks to everyone else for the positive feedback! It's a nice feeling knowing other people dig your music
Quote by ibz120
I really like this. I have no idea what you're doing with the rhythms between the guitars and drums but I love it. The melodies are great also. Nice work!

Also, thanks to everyone else for the positive feedback! It's a nice feeling knowing other people dig your music

Thanks man that means alot. I'm glad you liked it. Haha yea I really like odd time signatures and poly rhythms. Upload some more stuff!
I really like it! It sounds smooth enough to jsut have it as a nice background while doing other stuff but still interesting enough to actually sit down and listen to it carefully and enjoy it!

Props, dude!
The guitar tone is awesome (of course it is, it's an Axe FX II).
It really has an awesome ambient feel to it, which really got me. But it also doesn't feel like a complete song, it's a nice idea you could use to create something, but I wouldn't call it a song at all. But I guess you wanted to test you new gear more than writing something.
Quote by mp8andrade
The guitar tone is awesome (of course it is, it's an Axe FX II).
It really has an awesome ambient feel to it, which really got me. But it also doesn't feel like a complete song, it's a nice idea you could use to create something, but I wouldn't call it a song at all. But I guess you wanted to test you new gear more than writing something.

Thanks for the feedback! I can understand how some people might feel that way. I wanted this music to be something that builds on itself with layers to give a big atmospheric vibe. Just experimenting!

Quote by isaimeph
I really like it! It sounds smooth enough to jsut have it as a nice background while doing other stuff but still interesting enough to actually sit down and listen to it carefully and enjoy it!

Props, dude!

Thanks man! I appreciate the feedback!

Quote by CF_Mono
Actually, I would be excited for an album of stuff like this. Thumbs up!!!

You are in luck! I just finished recording this mini album: https://vatta.bandcamp.com/releases

Also thank you to everyone else for the feedback!