Hi all,
I have this GRG140 painted by a very decent painter with a $2000 paint job. Bowled over I got gifted this for doing nothing and not even knowing the guy who was into my music. The generosity of some people is just something else.

He worked out from my videos I solely play Ibanez so he picked up a really dinged up GRG140 from 2001 in a market stall this year and painted it up and surprise-sent it to me. It's juts beautiful and I'm being sponsored new pickups for it but the neck is so poor. It bends, the frets are fully rusted and some dont work and it just feels horrible.

Bless the thing it's a gio but still I reckon with a new neck some PUs and bridge wont be half bad at all.

1). Where can I get a new neck for it? I understand some old S series had 22 frets and square joint necks like a GRG140. I am UK based.
2). What bridge will go in this? It's a vintage trem but I want something fixed like hipshot but no idea how and where I can install this. I am a noob.

Kind regards,
Jaimie

Here's a pic of the guitar!
Maybe a refretting and levelling by a competent tech/luthier would sort it out?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Maybe a refretting and levelling by a competent tech/luthier would sort it out?

Considered it already but the neck is still really poor anyway, I reckon a new Ibanez S 22 fret square joint neck would be cheaper and probably better right? No clue
Quote by AngryIndianDude
Considered it already but the neck is still really poor anyway, I reckon a new Ibanez S 22 fret square joint neck would be cheaper and probably better right? No clue

A GOOD setup on a Gio neck will be better than getting a stock neck in who knows what kind of condition.

That said a poor setup won't change much.

Can't really recommend anyone in particular, but maybe someone else can.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
there's only one luthier i know of near me and i don't think they're cheap

KGB Music

giving them a quick phone call may be an option, otherwise you're best looking closer to you as they'll no doubt say "you're best bringing it in so we can have a look at it" as EVERYONE does with everything!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Yeah, a refret by a competent tech would be a good choice

You can get a very nice neck made for it from companies like www.warmoth.com. You can probably have a luthier in your area make a nice neck for it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Make sure you get the same scale size replacement neck. Warmoth makes good necks.

Get a quote on getting your current one set-up and maybe a re-fret if needed. It looks like he painted the headstock too? It would be a shame to lose the custom work.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Make sure you get the same scale size replacement neck. Warmoth makes good necks.

Get a quote on getting your current one set-up and maybe a re-fret if needed. It looks like he painted the headstock too? It would be a shame to lose the custom work.

He painted and redecaled the neck and headstock. Does his redecaled head look okay? Cause the logo is quite large! lool
Quote by AngryIndianDude
He painted and redecaled the neck and headstock. Does his redecaled head look okay? Cause the logo is quite large! lool

From the pic it looks fine. I kinda like the larger font, a little more unique IMO
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It looks good. You'd be surprised what a decent fret dressing can do for a neck. Unless the thing is twisted, a proper truss rod setup and fret dressing can resurrect necks that you thought were ready for the bin. The frets may not be as bad as you think. There's a lot of meat on those frets to work with.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification