Hey everyone.

Quick summary: In a past couple of years my couple of guitars turned into 5 guitars, 2 bases and 1 acoustic. I dont have time or funds to take em to master for maintenance. And i cant be picky about which ones i keep in shape and whom i must discard.

So i started watchin ofer my beauties myself. And verything was chill, until i heard about oils for fretboards. My palms are sweaty, so even after cleaning fretboard with cloth they ont shine they way they used to.

Please give me advice on which one to use. Also i have all kinds of freatboards, maple, ebony, rosewood. Is there an oil that works for each?

Great apretiation for you help!
You don't really need to do much to maple other than clean it because it's sealed. Ebony and rosewood you want to clean and condition.

The main things I do are clean the strings with a string cleaner after every time I play to avoid the strings corroding. Then when I change the strings I scrape all the grime off my fretboard with a credit card and toothbrush. Then condition it with lemon oil. Just spray some one a cloth and rub it into each fret and let it soak in a minute. Then use another dry cloth to clean up the overflow off the fret wire.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yes, works for both. You don't want to leave it on anything without wiping it off or you may get a buildup. My guitar smells like Pine-Sol afterward as well.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
You don't really need to do much to maple other than clean it because it's sealed. Ebony and rosewood you want to clean and condition.

The main things I do are clean the strings with a string cleaner after every time I play to avoid the strings corroding. Then when I change the strings I scrape all the grime off my fretboard with a credit card and toothbrush. Then condition it with lemon oil. Just spray some one a cloth and rub it into each fret and let it soak in a minute. Then use another dry cloth to clean up the overflow off the fret wire.

Sorry for the highjack, but how effective is that string cleaner? How much life do you get out of the strings you use? (which are?) I use a microfiber cloth to do a brief wipe down of the strings/neck, but uncoated strings still only last about a week before getting all nasty.

Thats why I usually usually use Elixir's, its pretty easy to get 3-5 weeks from them and they are only $6 a set on ebay
Quote by JGM258
Sorry for the highjack, but how effective is that string cleaner? How much life do you get out of the strings you use? (which are?) I use a microfiber cloth to do a brief wipe down of the strings/neck, but uncoated strings still only last about a week before getting all nasty.

Thats why I usually usually use Elixir's, its pretty easy to get 3-5 weeks from them and they are only $6 a set on ebay

Depends what you mean by "life". If you mean retaining the sound of new strings, losing that is unavoidable because part of the new string sound is how tight they are and will stretch out over time. If you mean just having the strings on the guitar longer without corroding, that's where this helps. It cleans off 100% of the string and takes off all the acidic sweat, nasty grime and oils from your fingers. The strings just last longer before breaking and look nicer. I use D'Addario's 10-52 6 string set and 10-59 7 string set. They last plenty long and sound nice to my ears for months.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9