Hi! I currently own a Epi Les Paul Custom, but as I've moved to the heavier/faster kind of music I'm thinking about getting a new guitar.

I have found two that I feel like could be suiting. A used H-400 for about 380$ and a used H-351NT in a store for about 620$ (I live in Sweden so everything is probably a bit more expensive than in USA etc.). As I'm just a student I would normaly just go for the H-400 as it's much cheaper, but the thing is that as the 351 is in a store I could trade in my Les Paul and probably get some money off. (don't know how much yet).

So what do you guys think about those two? Which would be the best? I have only tried the 351 and really liked the feeling of it, and I imagine the difference shouldn't be THAT big for the 400 as they are from the same series. The 351 is obviously much newer, but could the 400 be better considering the higher number?

So I guess it comes down to either keeping my Les Paul (or selling it later) and get the 400, or trade it in and get the 351.

What would you do?

Specs for both guitars:

H-351NT:
*Set-neck
*25-1/2" scale
*Mahogany body
*Flamed maple top
*Maple neck
*Rosewood fingerboard
*42mm standard nut
*Thin U neck contour
*24 XJ frets
*Black nickel hardware
*ESP tuners
*Tune-o-matic-style string-thru bridge
*EMG 81 (bridge) and EMG 85 (neck) pickups

H-400:
* Mahogany body
* Flamed maple top
* Set maple neck with super-low heel
* Bound rosewood fretboard
* Bound headstock
* Seymour Duncan JB/59 humbuckers
* Earvana compensated nut
* Grover tuners
* 24 extra-jumbo frets
* 25-1/2" scale
Last edited by ville525 at Aug 9, 2014,
They are pretty much the same guitar apart from colour and pickups. The weight may come into play too because at one point i had two MH400NT's and one weighed loads the other as much as a feather.

Out the two i'd deffo go for the H-400
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
They are pretty much the same guitar apart from colour and pickups. The weight may come into play too because at one point i had two MH400NT's and one weighed loads the other as much as a feather.

Out the two i'd deffo go for the H-400

Any special reason to why you would go for that one?
Better build quality over the newer models mainly. And (imo) passive pickups are better.

Plus if you can afford the H-400 and keep your les paul, id do that.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Better build quality over the newer models mainly. And (imo) passive pickups are better.

Plus if you can afford the H-400 and keep your les paul, id do that.

Okay, thanks!
Note that active vs. passive pickups are a VERY subjective choice and there is absolutely no better or worse here (regardless of what anyone may try to tell you). The best option is play both guitars if you can through the same amp and see which one you like more sound-wise.
Quote by TheLiberation
Note that active vs. passive pickups are a VERY subjective choice and there is absolutely no better or worse here (regardless of what anyone may try to tell you). The best option is play both guitars if you can through the same amp and see which one you like more sound-wise.

Yeah pretty much this.
And make sure its the amp YOU own or one VERY close to it.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals