hey I am looking for a quick easy answer, I have a Gibson es-339 and a schecter sls blackjack. the schecter has active pickups (Seymour Duncan blackouts) and the Gibson hastheir stock Gibson humbuckers. I like to dial down the Gibson volume a bit to about 6-7 to clean up my tone which works really well. the schecter I try the same thing and I have to turn the volume almost all the way down to clean up the sound, is this because the schecter has active pickups?
I don't think it's because they're active, but it might be because they're a lot hotter. if you dial in the amp to be as distorted with the blackouts as they are with the gibson pickups (rather than just using the same amp settings for both guitars), the amount you have to roll the guitar volume off should be the same (more or less).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, it's not because they're active, it's just because the Blackouts are very hot pickups, designed for heavy distortion/metal. They're not really meant to be pickups that you can roll off for a cleaner sound like you do with your Gibson. Unless the amp tone you're using is only a very moderate distortion to begin with, don't expect to get the Blackouts to sound clean (and good while clean) without actually switching to a clean amp channel.
when i used to play metal id have to throw the volume on 4 to not get crazy feedback. damn solid state amps
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay