Hey I don't know if anyone has seen the me and my guitar series on total guitar, but I've been enjoying it, and thought it would be cool to hear from everyone about their fav axe, why you like it, what you'd change if anything.

(Invalid img)

My favourite guitar is my 1995 Ibanez s270 in black. I've had other guitars from Ibanez, ESP, PRS etc, but this has been my go to for 19 years. First time i played one in 94 i preferred it to any Jackson or similar. Not amazing visually, main thing is it just feels so great, its fun to play, I like to chill out and play on a couch or bed with less than classical posture, and it's very good for that. Original pickups great, woods seem a lot more solid than models now. Really resonates well and great tone balance. Really avoids bumps and dings.

It has literally the worst faux Floyd in the world, but I blocked it off and tuning and intonation are great. I went travelling for 2 years and it was still in tune when I picked up from storage. I don't play much heavy music now, and really dislike a lot of superstrats for tone but this is a joy to play.

If i were to change anything on it I would put a lo pro edge on it for my fusion playing, but that might go on a strat.
Last edited by DodgyKebab at Aug 9, 2014,
LOL nice username

I don't think I have a favourite
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
LOL nice username

I don't think I have a favourite

Just like parents and their children haha
lol
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Candy Cola, rosewood fretboard and Seymour Duncan JB Jr pickups in bridge and neck position.

I've done gigs where I didn't intend to bring it. Did a soundcheck with my Gibson Les Paul Deluxe, which for all means is a great guitar, but then changed my mind and went home and got my Strat. I just feel more relaxed with that guitar. Can't explain it, it's just an old friend I've had since I was 15.

It sounds and plays well, but not like the best guitar in the world. It's not about that at all, for some reason. It just feels right.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
My Fender American Standard Stratocaster HSS is my favorite of the three I own. It's very versatile, and position 4 is my favorite position on any guitar ever. I can't think of any tones on it that I might want that I can't get out of it. Not only does it play really well, it feels great in my hands, also. I've never played a guitar that felt as good as the Strat did (each comparison being when I first carried them).

I guess if I had to change anything on it, it would be the humbucker pickup in the bridge. I don't ever use it anymore, but I guess it could be because I just never like the bridge position anyway. I might also change the finish, but I'm quite happy with it black anyway. I'd change to some kind of sunburst or Cola Red.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Aug 9, 2014,
can't pick one. love them both equally or i wouldn't have 2.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.