Hey everyone,

Havent done a NGD in a while so im gonna do a 2 in one for you

First up is my Fender frankenstrat. Its pretty much a 94 strat with a few parts changed here and there. Plays like a strat, sounds like a strat and is just generally a great guitar.

Now with me not being a strat guy I thought i wouldnt like it. But when i went to go pick up the neck and pedal board off the guy, he said he was selling this strat for £60. Picked it up and just had to have it! Neck is a C shape which is something i like a lot, the fretboard is so smooth and great to play.
I quite enjoy the combo of middle and bridge pickups the most with the tone rolled down a slight amount.

Its all been relic'd too.

I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Second up is another frankenstrat, but with a twist.

Its a pool routed squier body with another 94 mim strat neck, humbuckers and a hardtail bridge.

Bought most of the parts seperatly then stuck it all together. Turned out quite well i must admit.
Everything but the body and neck is from Axetec.co.uk (great cheap website too)
Decided i wanted a HH strat without the Fender blacktop price tag.
Cost me about £160 all in.
Just got to wire it all up then string it.

And to finish, a group rack shot

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
sweet

which irongears did you go for?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet

which irongears did you go for?

Got the PRS se ones in there for the moment but decided on getting a set of Steam Hammers, just dont know what colour to get...

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
All I have to say is DAT TELE!!!
That has got one HELL of a flame top!
Tis a pretty top on it haha

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
HNGD and nice Strats! I'm also "not a strat guy" who recently bought an old Squier and kinda fell in love with it. Sounds like a good deal on both of them. Between the two strats which one do you like better?
Quote by TheJawsOfDeath
HNGD and nice Strats! I'm also "not a strat guy" who recently bought an old Squier and kinda fell in love with it. Sounds like a good deal on both of them. Between the two strats which one do you like better?

Well im still yet to finish the one with humbuckers so cant really say for sure yet. But i tend to enjoy each of my guitars in their own individual way otherwise i wouldnt have it.
Hoping its the same when i finish off the blue strat though.

Quote by billyTheShears
how many strats would you get if you were a strat guy?
cool guitars!

haha! I dread to think! Ran out of space for the time being but im debating getting a 7/8/9 guitar rack cause im wanting a 7 and an 8 string guitar soon too..

GAS is annoying

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Happy ngd!
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Carrot
Got the PRS se ones in there for the moment but decided on getting a set of Steam Hammers, just dont know what colour to get...

ah ok

I've been hearing killer things about entwistles... might also be worth a look. Haven't tried them either, just to be clear.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that middle pup cover needs to soak in coffee.

congrats!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
ahhh dude those things have serious mojo. nice guitars.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Very sexy fellas
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Carrot

haha! I dread to think! Ran out of space for the time being but im debating getting a 7/8/9 guitar rack cause im wanting a 7 and an 8 string guitar soon too..

GAS is annoying

Sure axetec doesn't help to calm down GAS with those prices! Do you like the rolling mills in your prs? I could try Irongear pickups in the future, I'm sick of paying 80-90 € for a single pickup

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
more info on that red strat please. you show no headstock and it has features of both MIM and US (or neither) the neck is 22 frets with what appears to be abalone position markers (high end US feature or found on non fenders like my vineyard). the trem is a 6 point. so just wondering
Quote by billyTheShears
Sure axetec doesn't help to calm down GAS with those prices! Do you like the rolling mills in your prs? I could try Irongear pickups in the future, I'm sick of paying 80-90 € for a single pickup

LOVE the rolling mills, I got the overwound set for that bit more bite. I play Alter Bridge and Funeral for a Friend on my PRS mainly and the pickups are fantastic for it. They can clean up real nice too with the volume rolled off.

Quote by monwobobbo
more info on that red strat please. you show no headstock and it has features of both MIM and US (or neither) the neck is 22 frets with what appears to be abalone position markers (high end US feature or found on non fenders like my vineyard). the trem is a 6 point. so just wondering

Think i remember the guy saying its a C profile mim copy neck on the strat. The body is a 94 mim as well as the pickups, the plate is a extra one bought for it, no idea what make, bridge is a wilkinson with the mim saddles i think he said. Hope that helps a bit

Greg! Im not wasting good coffee colouring that pickup cover

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals