Deja vu thread.

An eq pedal will do everthing the sonic stomp does and much more. I've read that some people like 'em but it'd get my vote for most useless shiny box with knobs.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Sonic stomp is not a equalizer and a equalizer isn't a Sonic stomp .... I have a Sonic Stomp and a MXR 10 band equalizer ...... the equalizer will not do what a Sonic Stomp nor will a Sonic Stomp replace a Equalizer .... not sure why you keep repeating that ..... I have both , one won't replace the other no matter how many times you turn the knob or adjust the slide controls

and yes it will work fine in front of your amp
Quote by Fumble fingers
Sonic stomp is not a equalizer and a equalizer isn't a Sonic stomp .... I have a Sonic Stomp and a MXR 10 band equalizer ...... the equalizer will not do what a Sonic Stomp nor will a Sonic Stomp replace a Equalizer .... not sure why you keep repeating that ..... I have both , one won't replace the other no matter how many times you turn the knob or adjust the slide controls

and yes it will work fine in front of your amp

No worries. But I've never said that, apparently someone else has the same opinion. What exactly does the sonic stomp do that you can't do with an eq? Not grrr arguing, just discussion.

Ps. I own an eq, and was actually so interested in the ss that I went to the store expecting to buy one. After trying one for a bit, then a-b'ing with an eq, I left with the eq. That's the whole basis for my opinion, I have been known to be wrong.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Aug 10, 2014,
no problem here .... I don't really know how to describe the SS ?? .... it's like you took a heavy blanket off your speaker cab , to me it makes every amp I own sound a little better , not a huge difference but it's like you hear every note a little more clear .... it won't save a bad amp or the wrong guitar for application like a equalizer might do but it does have a tone control that can enhance the tonal range your after but it won't shape your tone like a EQ will ..... I have them both and like them both
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Aug 10, 2014,
If your just playing at home its a pretty good pedal, you use it with any other musician they will instantly hate you.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.