Hey Guys,

I used to play E Guitar when I was in High school, I had a cheap BC Rich Warlock and I mainly played metal and alternative (mostly rhythm),

that was over 6 years ago, but I want to get back in the game, I remember one time I played with an Ibanez and I absolutely loved how smooth the frets where, so I have decided to buy an Ibanez with EMG pickups and Tremolo, does anyone suggest any models? I really want to get the RG Iron label (Ibanez RGIR20E) but its a little pricey:

http://www.axemusic.com/store/product/31837/Ibanez-RGIR20EBK-Iron-Label-Electric-Guitar-Black-Finish-Free-Jacket/

I was wondering maybe there are other descent models that I don't know of, any suggestion is appreciated

ps Im a fan of simple looking guitars
price range?
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
If you don't need the EMG's, I'd say grabbing an RG450 at $400. if you are willing go used, an rg 350. Just keep in mind the trems and pickups on the sub-$800 (new) range of Ibanez aren't the best. You can find the occasional used rg550 or prestige 1570 for under $600. Though older, it will have better pickups and edge tremolo than rg450/rg350.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 9, 2014,
Sure you may be a future Ibanez fanboi and there's nothing wrong with that but I'd highly suggest going to a guitar shop(s) and trying every guitar you see, whether its in your price range or not. If you haven't played in 6 years I doubt you know what you really want. Something may surprise you.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
thanks a lot for the replies guys, I will definitely consider these suggestions!

@jon_six my price range is around $500, I can go up to 800 but prefer to keep it lower
i plan on getting an rgm450 myself tax time. check them out.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by lucky1978
Sure you may be a future Ibanez fanboi and there's nothing wrong with that but I'd highly suggest going to a guitar shop(s) and trying every guitar you see, whether its in your price range or not. If you haven't played in 6 years I doubt you know what you really want. Something may surprise you.

Definitely this. Ibanez makes some great guitars, but their lower end models are usually not among them. They're not necessarily bad (except for the real cheap, <$250 ones. those are garbage), but if you're looking at less than $800, there are other brands making imported Asian guitars just as well if not better. Try a bunch and see what feels good. And make sure to use a decent amp at the store when you try them. Don't let the salesman plug you into a tiny little practice amp that's not even gonna show off the guitar's tone.
Well that iron label ticks all your boxes, so why not? It's not easy to find a good quality trem for $500 unless you go used. Assuming you're in Canada, why not check kijiji? I've bought 3 used Ibanez Prestiges that way, the most I paid was $550 for a mint rg1570.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Thanks bi99man and Lucky1978, I will definitely do that, Ive already been to the biggest instrument store we have here in Toronto (stevesmusic), the staff were not happy that I wanted to try more than 1 guitar but I guess have to look for more instrument stores and try a good number of guitars
Quote by DarthV
Well that iron label ticks all your boxes, so why not? It's not easy to find a good quality trem for $500 unless you go used. Assuming you're in Canada, why not check kijiji? I've bought 3 used Ibanez Prestiges that way, the most I paid was $550 for a mint rg1570.

I've checked Kijiji but haven't found the Iron Label, I would buy a used prestige or something similar but because its been so many years that Ive touched one, Im afraid that I will buy one with damaged pickups or bridge or something that I will not notice! gotta start reading guides for buying used guitars
is the rgm450 garbage then? i love the purple with the maple neck
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Garbage? No, still a decent guitar (if it has the edge zero II). You can just get a much better used instrument for not a whole lot more money.

OP:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/city-of-toronto/ibanez-rg-1570-prestige-reverse-headstock/571029826?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I'd take that just for the reverse headstock Kind of a good thing I don't live in TO, too many good deals to pass up.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs