I'm surprised we don't already have one of these, so here it is

Essentially just specify musicians you live, what genre of music, specs you like, budget, country.... and others can help you in choosing equipment.
Last edited by Gibson_LesPaul_ at Aug 10, 2014,
This definitely exists.

How to ask for advice -

What ...(Insert Gear?)... Threads

(what you should include to get good advice)

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Paragraphs of information about yourself are nice but we really just need the answers to these 6 things.

(Contributed by 311ZOSOVHJH)
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1387138
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Isn't this pretty much the essence of this board? 90% of threads are "what gear should I get?"
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
This is the same guy who has another thread suggesting we should have somewhere to review gear...

Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
OP, just... stop posting.

All of your suggestions in the past few days already exist.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Yeah, TS actually look around the site some. What you want is already here. have you ever read any threads? 1/2 are exactly that
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yeah, TS actually look around the site some. What you want is already here. have you ever read any threads? 1/2 are exactly that

The search bar is awesome, sometimes I search gear that I own or gear that I plan on buying to get good reviews.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Hi guys I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice about a guitar amp to go with my Boss Me-25. I'm looking for something that compliments the pedal and doesn't 'colour' my settings too much at the output stage. I'm probably aiming for something solid-state and fairly cheap (roughly £200) as I'm a student and don't have tonnes of spare cash :L I play most metal guitar and I'm using my 8 string a lot with my ME-25 but I also like a lot clean playing. If you know of anything that could help me out that would be most appreciated