It seems to be in D, specifically following D C D A#. But when I play a chord, or play a lead, it doesnt seem to match. Guitar is perfectly in tune, but I think the vocalist is going off key? Like, instead of a D, he's singing midway between a D and a D#. My ears arent really that good, so can't be certain. What do you think?
On further inspection the key is Bb Major after a proper listen and picking up my acoustic, the goal probably is a few cents sharp or flat in places cause its been done with no instruments to reference I'm assuming
You may want to slam him through hard auto-tune, then record guitar, then take the vocal back out and send it to him to sing a new vocal over.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
If you want I can run the whole thing through my copy of waves tune and send it back to you, all I'll need to do is set the key and it'll correct it all, it won't be perfect but it's not too far out to begin with its just a few lines here and there that fall flat or sharp.

Also you might have a hard time composing to it if no rhythm was used as reference when the recording was done, I tried jamming along to it when my acoustic when i was working out the key, Bb -> Dm works well on a few lines, i struggled to keep time though either because I wasn't listening hard enough or because it isn't in time to begin with
Quote by EatShreddies
If you want I can run the whole thing through my copy of waves tune and send it back to you, all I'll need to do is set the key and it'll correct it all, it won't be perfect but it's not too far out to begin with its just a few lines here and there that fall flat or sharp.

Also you might have a hard time composing to it if no rhythm was used as reference when the recording was done, I tried jamming along to it when my acoustic when i was working out the key, Bb -> Dm works well on a few lines, i struggled to keep time though either because I wasn't listening hard enough or because it isn't in time to begin with

I had a hard time too trying to maintain time, it just wasnt happening. I think its not in time as well.

It would be great if you could do that, I'm using ReaTune for pitch correction, it's not particularly good tbh.

Quote by Sid McCall
You may want to slam him through hard auto-tune, then record guitar, then take the vocal back out and send it to him to sing a new vocal over.

It might be worth doing that...I tried using some hard auto tune with C Major as the set key, results were weird. Gonna try in Bb Major later.
if you make the track downloadable on sound cloud I'll grab it, run it through waves tune and PM it back to you, you might be able to cut up the vocals in your DAW and snap them to a grid to get them in time, might be a bit painstaking though.

You'd probably be better off composing the backing separate by writing down the structure of it, and then getting him to sing again
EatShreddies I agree with it being closest to B flat, although there are a few odd spots at the beginning.