I'll be buying a new guitar very soon, but I'm having trouble finding a guitar that suits my needs. I mostly play metal, alt, indie, and rock, but i want a guitar that can pack a punch but can also go to cleaner tones with few effects. Any ideas? Also, try keeping it $1,000 and under. Here's my set-up: Orange 20LDX(practice),Marshall 4x12, Orange dark terror head, crybaby wah, and boss ds-1.

Fender blacktop tele
Dean '79 V
Dean deciever x
You'll have to be more specific with the type of music you play. Those genres have very broad, varying definitions.
Quote by chrismendiola
You'll have to be more specific with the type of music you play. Those genres have very broad, varying definitions.

More of a defined genre spec would be neo-classical, plastic tree type alt., and grunge, punk, new wave, and blues
I'd suggest the Reverend Reeves Gabrels II. The RG I might work, too. Both will be well made, sporting a pair of HBs- the I's will have a singlecoil-sized one in the neck.

www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/reeves-gabrels-ii/

https://elderly.com/vintage/items/30U-18071.htm

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Reverend+Reeves+Gabrels&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=Reverend+Reeves+Gabrels&_sacat=619

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Reeves+Gabrels

Some of the other Revs would also work, like the Jetstream, Bayonet, Kingbolt, Sensei RA, Volcano and Charger HB.

(The Spacehawk, which popped up on a couple of those links, are just as capable, but they're new and still out of your price range.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 11, 2014,
Is it ok to say you need a new amp? Cause if thats a ss orange amp you probably already have the guitar, you just need a better amp. Aren't the blacktop teles hh? If so, you should already be able to get some bite and if you can't, its probably your amp.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Given the range you want I’d say buy whatever guitar you like with pickups that can do nice cleans and then use an overdrive to push your amp for the high gain stuff.

Consider EMGs. If you know what you’re doing that can do everything from cleans to shred.
Quote by lucky1978
Is it ok to say you need a new amp? Cause if thats a ss orange amp you probably already have the guitar, you just need a better amp. Aren't the blacktop teles hh? If so, you should already be able to get some bite and if you can't, its probably your amp.

*Shhhhhh!!!*

This is the Electric Guitar Forum- we're supposed to recommend guitars!

Actually, lucky1978 raises a good point- your amp could be what is keeping you from nailing the tone you seek.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!