It's been a while but I'm thinking of finally getting a new toy. Drop A with a 25.5" 6 string leaves a bit to be desired.

Budget: 300 not including upgrades
Used
Genres: Drop tuned whatever-core
Nearest City: Green Bay, WI

I've done a bit of looking around online trying to find what would be a good buy. I'm looking for something that's cheap but playable so that upgrading it wouldn't be a waste of money. I can be patient and wait for a good deal.

I'm looking for something playable that I can use for doing good quality recordings. From what I've seen the Ibanez 7321 look to be pretty popular, most reviews state the pickups are lacking but with an upgrade that would be irrelevant. I still haven't figured out Ibanez's naming convention, so if there is an Ibanez XXXX that would be a better deal I'd like to know.

I like my Jackson guitars, so something that feels similar to those would be nice. Jackson doesn't seem to have a lot in the used 7 string market.

Thanks.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
take a look at rondomusic.com. they have affordable 7 string models by the company Agile. i use to own the agile septor 727 rn in purple burst. it was a pretty nice instrument for the price.

i also had the pleasure of owning the ibanez 7321z with the edge tremelo. great low end seven string. you woulndt be wrong picking one of those up either
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Last edited by iheartgun at Aug 10, 2014,
For $300 I’d just be patient and score whatever nice Ibby/Schecter/LTD guitar shows up on Craigslist cheap.
I used to have a wg7 or something from Washburn. They are pretty good for how cheap you can snap them up for.

Originally like $700 or something. They regularly go for like under $100
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename
I used to have a wg7 or something from Washburn. They are pretty good for how cheap you can snap them up for.

Originally like $700 or something. They regularly go for like under $100

Here's one I was looking at: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/msg/4606750405.html

I just wanted to post here because I don't know the ropes in the 7 string market and want to get something cheap, but upgradable.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000