Ok so I have never played guitar before and I just bought an Epiphone Acoustic Electric Guitar from my friend - I like it except for the fact that I feel the body is a bit too big for me - i feel like I can barely wrap my arm around the body of the guitar to be able to play comfortably - Do you think the 3/4th size guitars would be a better fit? Are they smaller around the body so I would be able to wrap my arm around it better to play? Thanks so much for your help
Hi Kelly,

i have to assume that you are fully grown and not disabled in some way but you should be fine with the guitar you've got once you get used to it. You will probably find that its more your posture or position when sat that causes discomfort. Also, being a beginner you will undoubtably be trying to look over the guitar body to see what your hands are doing, which doesnt help the playing position.

Unless the guitar is freakishly big then it should be fine once you've adjusted and become more comfortably. I personally wouldnt by a 3/4 just because its smaller as when you switch to another guitar the difference may affect your playing.

Hope this helps
oh yeah, forgot to mention check out the video lessons and see how people are positioned and what posture they adopt, it might be something simple that your just not doing that makes all the difference.
Quote by kellyfan161
Ok so I have never played guitar before and I just bought an Epiphone Acoustic Electric Guitar from my friend - I like it except for the fact that I feel the body is a bit too big for me - i feel like I can barely wrap my arm around the body of the guitar to be able to play comfortably - Do you think the 3/4th size guitars would be a better fit? Are they smaller around the body so I would be able to wrap my arm around it better to play? Thanks so much for your help

I would recommend you get a smaller guitar. Those smaller Taylors and Martin's are decent.
Quote by kellyfan161

Interesting question. I've seen 14 year old girls play large acoustic guitars before, so it may just be a matter of getting used to it.
alphadark.com
Get a free eBook for beginners.

Concertear.com
Don't be a fool, protect your hearing for life.
Unless you're a borrower or something, size is rarely an issue. The only issue you'll have is that you won't be able to get away with bad technique. That said, while I really like the sound of a dreadnaught guitar, those 3/4 Taylor are surprisingly very nice to play on. But give it some time and you should get used to it.