I'm planning to change my stock frets and I want them to be more durable than those that I have now. Have anyone tries jescar Evo gold or stainless steel?
I saw sowm videos with stainless steel frets and saw that it affects tone a lot, does evo gold also do that?
Is there anything wrong with your current frets? Are you a skilled luthier? A re-fret requires a tremendous amount of skill to do properly. Stainless frets in general arent that much better, they even are thought to wear down strings faster. Any high quality fret wire should last quite a long time.
Quote by JGM258
Is there anything wrong with your current frets? Are you a skilled luthier? A re-fret requires a tremendous amount of skill to do properly. Stainless frets in general arent that much better, they even are thought to wear down strings faster. Any high quality fret wire should last quite a long time.

Some of my current frets are really worn off and i want to lower my string height :/ However i want something lasting longer than my stock frets so 'm thinking about EVO gold and SS.
Also I won't replace them by myself
Last edited by 6th at Aug 11, 2014,