Hey I am looking at buying and Ibanez S series guitar, my budget is $600. Specifically looking at an Ibanez S670QM and a Ibanez S570DXQM. I have two les paul guitars and I want to get a step up and also not a les paul because I have been playing them for 7 years and I just want to get something different.

I play mostly play stuff like Guns n roses, slash's solo career, Ozzy, Green Day, AC/DC, Metallica, and a lot of other classic bands. I am also in to playing more melodic and complicated stuff like steve vai, marillion, joe satriani, rush, paul gilbert.

But with only having les paul electric guitars you can't really do some parts in songs that need a whammy bar, because you don't have a whammy bar, and I don't really want to buy another les paul either.

So what are your thoughts on getting an Ibanez S670QM or a Ibanez S570DXQM. If anyone has these guitars, it would be helpful if you say the good and the bad stuff about them. The guitars I have is a epiphone special 2 and a Ibanez art100 (which has some fret ware). Also I play about 4-5 gigs a year, so I don't know if that would help anyone but just wanted to say, and I also am getting into the recording side of music, so I am really serious about music and everything.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Cheers!
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by RyanJamgo11

But with only having les paul electric guitars you can't really do some parts in songs that need a whammy bar, because you don't have a whammy bar, and I don't really want to buy another les paul either.!

You now have two threads that say virtually the same thing.

If you want an Ibanez, buy it. This board supports a lot of Ibanez, Schecter, ESP/LTD largely, I think because this is an international board and those guitars are available pretty much everywhere, and those guitars tend to be a common denominator. Because of my location here in Los Angeles, my superstrat tendencies are filled by Carvins, Suhrs and Line 6's Variax (all three are within a couple of hours driving time of me). Fernandes is also very close, as is Schecter (they set up their imported guitars in Burbank). Fender is around the corner from my office in Corona.

You're misinformed that Les Paul-style guitars don't come with trems; I have half a dozen with Floyds in price ranges from $200 - $4000, and some have shaved neck heels and 24 frets and thinner/wider neck profiles and even HSH pickup arrangements. Only one has "Gibson" on the headstock -- you just have to be aware that not everything is sold by Guitar Splinter.

You might want to expand your search to the used markets -- that's the real "bang for the buck" territory.