Writer Jeff Buhler is entering remake of PEt Semetary, based on the nov by Stephen King.

I'm pretty happy about this..it's the first Stephen King book I read, and still one of my favourites. It's eerie as hell, and a really good strory.

The old film was good, but I've been thinking for a while that the book deserved a new film.

Thoughts?

Source
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
As cool as it is that Pet Semetary is getting a new film, It is in desperate need of a remake.
I read occasional "news" about one but I feel it will never end up happening.
Quote by Weaponized
might be cool, has potential, will wait and see, fingers crossed, etc.

heavy emphasis on etc.

I'd like to see a big budget remake of The Mist.
The one that was done blew goat chunks but the original story was pretty damn good.
Pet Semetary was a damn good story too.
I'll wait for the DVD.

The Tommyknockers was a good story, the TV movie version of it had a few good bits but otherwise it was disappointing.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 11, 2014,
Remaining on Stephen King, it'd be interesting to see a movie version of Desperation.

I know they did a tv film, but I've yet to see it. Anyone know what it's like?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by CodeMonk
The one that was done blew goat chunks but the original story was pretty damn good.
I'll wait for the DVD.

The Tommyknockers was a good story, the TV movie version of it had a few good bits but otherwise it was disappointing.

The first time I saw The Mist was in black & white. I think it was a director's cut or something. Then I saw it in color.
It blows. I recommend watching it in black und weiss.

OT: This is sick and amazing news. I hope it turns out fantastic.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by CodeMonk

I know. The odd thing about it was it was directed by Frank Darabont. The guy that directed "Shawshank Redemption", "Green Mile", the mini-series "Mob City" and was the producer of "The Walking Dead".

I guess everyone can have an off-day..
It will more than likely be crap like most remakes made nowadays. The film is perfectly fine how it is now, so just leave it alone. People need to put their time into making completely new movies and quit butchering the great classics.
Is it really necessary? The original was pretty decent. I don't see the benefit of a remake except for turning a buck.

I wish they'd do a remake of The Stand and actually make it AWESOME, instead of decent.

Alternatively, make a movie/TV show of 11/22/63. I adored that book.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
It will more than likely be crap like most remakes made nowadays. The film is perfectly fine how it is now, so just leave it alone. People need to put their time into making completely new movies and quit butchering the great classics.

But the film isn't really a classic..it's a good film, based on a great novel, so I can see this turning out pretty well.