2 13%
Song 5
6 40%
Song 6
1 7%
Song 7
1 7%
Voters: 15.
All these therads are almost entirely pre-made, so I'm making this one all from scratsh because **** it. LET's KEEP IT REAAAAL MODA****ERRSS!!!!!!!!!!

So, first of all, I' wanna thank you all for participating. you are the reall mvp.

ok so HELLO!!!!!!

This thread's objective is fot you to vote on the best song, not the best recorded or some shit like that.

Here are the bosses.:

1- "Slow Burn" (FoOltz)

2 - "Spark" (fLYinGV23)

3 - "We're Still Flying" (whywefight)

4 - "Higher Altitude" (nico_9550)

5 - "Day At The Beach" (ehbacon, chev311e)

6 - "Chapter 1 - Bring Me Her Head" (Skinny91)

7 - "Let It Ring" (MapOfYourHead)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, look at last week's best songs!
From ibanez1997, the song "Cloudborne (demo)", and from MapOfYourHead the song "Wrath It Up"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey. Are you feeling frisky? Are you feeling lucky? Maybe not, but if you join our group you will. I don't GUARANTEE IT! (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/) All the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Thursday. The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

-------------------------------------
I'm so sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkfomrFhlDE

Come check out our previous thread!: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32855780
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Aug 11, 2014,
Great songs, I'm not sure which one to vote for so I'll probably listen to them again and decide later
Voted for nico. I wish it was longer tbh, the ending was really good

Day at the Beach is also great, and Slow Burn too, and the rest too.
Last edited by whywefight at Aug 11, 2014,
1) Slow Burn - nice progression, I really like it. It seemed like the guitar parts weren't completely together. I think with more time put in the quality of the song would have went way up.

2) Spark - pretty bad recording quality. I think the guitar definitely would've sounded better with an acoustic guitar. The song in terms of writing was good in times, I think that the part with the harmonica definitely should've been changed or left out completely.

3) We're Still Flying - awesome vibe, really liked it. Nice vocals too. This is gonna be a contender for me, great song!

4) Higher Altitude - am I the only one that can see this as background music during a movie? I can picture them showing a small town, just clip by clip of people living there daily lives. You should look into that lol. Great song.

6) Chapter 1 - Bring Me Her Head - o.O Very odd. I like it though for some reason. Especially the horns, reminds me of Neil Young. I was surprised to say the least lol.

7) Let It Ring - nice drum track. For some reason the song reminds me of "Another One Bites The Dust". I like it, its really easy to listen too.

Voted for WWF's

Quote by whywefight
Day at the Beach is also great, and Slow Burn too, and the rest too.

thanks
whoa man did wwf and fooltz break up D:

*listening to the songs*

EDIT: went with ehbacon, but song 7 would be sooooooooo good with like 90s will smith style hiphop over it
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Last edited by Obsceneairwaves at Aug 11, 2014,
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
whoa man did wwf and fooltz break up D:

Yup. I despise that bastard.

Jk, we just haven't had the time to collab recently. Hopefully one of the next weeks.
Quote by whywefight
Voted for nico. I wish it was longer tbh, the ending was really good

Thanks, after I finished I thought about making it longer too but y didn't know what to add to it and I liked what I had so I just left it like that.

Quote by ehbacon
4) Higher Altitude - am I the only one that can see this as background music during a movie? I can picture them showing a small town, just clip by clip of people living there daily lives. You should look into that lol. Great song.

Thanks, hehe I guess it could be, maybe I could do a music video with that

Edit: I voted for Day At The Beach, I liked the progression and the vocals were very nice
Last edited by nico_9550 at Aug 11, 2014,
Quote by nico_9550

Edit: I voted for Day At The Beach, I liked the progression and the vocals were very nice

Thanks, that means a lot. I still gotta listen and vote.
Went for Day at the Beach, really nice song. You guys should do more collaborations, it works well
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Last edited by Skinny91 at Aug 12, 2014,
awesome, voted for Day at the Beach. great collab.

On that note, if people every want to have my voice on their songs, let me know. I'll be happy to help.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
This was one of my favorite weeks. Lots of strong songs. Fooltz, your song had a ton of potential and you executed it well. I loved the main verse riff. It had a sound I always want to try to go for when I write stuff. It definitely reminded me of something like Chevelle, or Breaking Benjamin. Like bacon said, something with the guitars didn't match up, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but either way I liked the song and voted for it.

Nico's song was really good, agree with wwf that I'd have liked it to be longer.
Last edited by chev311e at Aug 12, 2014,
Quote by chev311e
This was one of my favorite weeks. Lots of strong songs. Fooltz, your song had a ton of potential and you executed it well. I loved the main verse riff. It had a sound I always want to try to go for when I write stuff. It definitely reminded me of something like Chevelle, or Breaking Benjamin. Like bacon said, something with the guitars didn't match up, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but either way I liked the song and voted for it.

Nico's song was really good, agree with wwf that I'd have liked it to be longer.

Thanks man! I actually did have "Rain" by BB in mind when writing it. Admittedly, I noticed the guitars were off at a couple parts but left it because I was too lazy to do more takes. Thanks for the feedback guys, it's much appreciated.
Just found out the other day that Billy Corgan co-wrote Rain, so that's pretty cool
Not entirely sure if I'll be able to listen to the songs on time this week, but I'll try (though I probably will be able to listen).

(I don't care if that only sort of made sense, you get the picture)
Slow Burn - I know we're not supposed to base our votes on the quality of the recording, and the quality is actually good, but I feel the voice is getting really buried in there. I think I said this before, burying your voice in the mix hurts the song more than it would if your voice would suck. I'm exaggerating a bit, the voice is not that low - but I felt the need to say that. In the beginning the song sounds Elliott Smith-ish (or maybe I'm hearing that because I just listened to an album of his)

Spark - The Harmonica doesn't really click with the rest of the song.

We're Still Flying - Damn, that was weird. I'm gonna be honest with you, in the beginning the song was...ok, nothing special but when you started doing the harmonies and then that 'uuuu'-thing it's like there was a different song. The whole thing made sense. Great stuff.

Higher Altitude - I don't listen very often to post rock (not that I don't like the genre, it's just that it doesn't seem to be my thing at the moment) but I really liked this one. I love how it slowly builds and that heavy guitar piece cleans everything with finesse (you get what I mean)

Day at the beach - Really liked the guitar arrangements, a lot of different things played at once which is great since they all merged well together.

Chapter 1 - Bring Me Her Head - Well...don't know what to say. I haven't listened to many concept albums but I guess this would make more sense in a context (you know, an album), seeing that this is 'chapter 1'. I liked it but I can't explain it.

Let it Ring
- Pretty catchy. Great combination between those violins and the 'electronic' drum track.

My vote went to Higher Altitude
Yeah feel free to level with me on this one, I'm still not even sure what I was doing lol.

I even had a better song done this week but I figured it'd be more interesting to see what people had to say about this one
Hey zep I'm still planning on doing something with those recordings you sent, just gotta get down to it.
Quote by ehbacon
Wednesday bump

not a lot of voters this week, I wonder why?

there were two more votes than participators; I'm happy with that
"Slow Burn" (FoOltz)

Vocal is buried a bit. Your voice depresses me which is a good sound. Very vogue right now . Nice melodies. Thought it was going to end then that motha started up again, although it didn't bring much extra to the song.

"Spark" (fLYinGV23)

Voice buried again. Harp? What is that doing there? Sounds out of place. Overall a bit meh and doesn't sound very original.

"We're Still Flying" (whywefight)

Jesus is everyone depressed or what lol. Raise those voice levels. Cool opening but overall not doing much for me.

"Higher Altitude" (nico_9550)

Is that Opening (an Ascent) ? Brian Eno would like a word. The piano melody change at around 2:15 isn't the best. Sounds out of place. I'd like a more interesting harmony, but it's alright overall.

"Day At The Beach" (ehbacon, chev311e)

Catchy enough. Sounds like Oasis at the minute mark. As it goes on it sounds like most indie pop floating around nowadays.

"Chapter 1 - Bring Me Her Head" (Skinny91)

Catches my ear because it's the first interesting sounding thing here. Weird 60's experimentalism. It's INTERESTING so it wins.

"Let It Ring" (MapOfYourHead)

Auditory genius. Underappreciated. You aren't ready for it.
Quote by ehbacon
6) Chapter 1 - Bring Me Her Head - o.O Very odd. I like it though for some reason. Especially the horns, reminds me of Neil Young. I was surprised to say the least lol.

Quote by SirZep
Chapter 1 - Bring Me Her Head - Well...don't know what to say. I haven't listened to many concept albums but I guess this would make more sense in a context (you know, an album), seeing that this is 'chapter 1'. I liked it but I can't explain it.

"Chapter 1 - Bring Me Her Head" (Skinny91)

Catches my ear because it's the first interesting sounding thing here. Weird 60's experimentalism. It's INTERESTING so it wins.

Yeah this was a weird song... I started wanting to do some serious modern jazz-esk stuff and ended up doing, well this. But thanks ya'll for your comments. I'm torn wether to carry on with this concept stuff for the next few weeks, but I'll see.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by MapOfYourHead

"Day At The Beach" (ehbacon, chev311e)

Catchy enough. Sounds like Oasis at the minute mark. As it goes on it sounds like most indie pop floating around nowadays.

Mission accomplished
Slow Burn - It's nice that you've tried a slightly different style and you pulled it off pretty well. Interesting but not really my thing. Feels a bit generic to me, but I see the appeal it can have to... uh... people who aren't specifically me . Could have a little more variation, especially in the verse, in terms of chord progressions and dynamics.

Spark - Nice chord progression and verse. I must agree that the harmonica doesn't really fit though. The whole harmonica bit could have had a proper bridge in its place. Feels like it ends too soon too. So, nice style and songwriting but not so good structure.

We're Still Flying - Eerie feel, sort of creepy and a bit bluesy at the same time. Kind of George Harrison-esque at times (maybe it's the type of licks combined with the drone). Nice development throughout the song.

Higher Altitude - So chill. It's pretty nice, I like the way it builds up. Wasn't expecting those drums, kind of unexpected. Other people have said it could have gone on for a bit longer but I'm not really sure I agree. I felt like the guitar solo comes in like the natural end of the whole build-up.

Day at the Beach - Sounds exactly like I imagined a collaboration between you two would sound. Good job. Nice variation in the dynamics of the song, which is important when you've got a similar progression throughout. Nice solo.

Chapter 1 - Bring Me Her Head - Unconventional style (for the songwriting game at least). The narrative bits help set that mood too, and I wasn't expecting you to start singing either. Honestly surprised by the whole thing.

Let It Ring - The main melody seems a bit strange at first but when you realise it's a just (mostly) a repeating phrase it becomes better in context. Nice overall feel, and the syncopated drum fills give it a bit of extra power. I like the chord progression in the B-section and the contrast to the main bit.

Vote goes to whywefight
Great week overall. Nice to see that some of the new people are becoming regulars.

Also, in other news, I might have the album ready by Monday or Tuesday. This week is a bit complicated for me, sorry guys. Also, I thought I was still waiting for Faux's song because it was missing from Soundcloud and he hadn't seen my PM yet, but I just found out that actually his band has a new name and a new Soundcloud URL but the account is the same and the song's been there, available for download, all along. D'oh.

EDIT: Almost forgot to actually vote. Once again, d'oh.
Last edited by sickman411 at Aug 13, 2014,