Hello guys,
I'm kinda fresh guitarist and I would like to pick one of those guitars:

http://guitarcenter.pl/catalog/gitara/gitary/gitary-elektryczne/dean-vendetta-10-natural

http://guitarcenter.pl/catalog/gitara/gitary/gitary-elektryczne/dean-vendetta-20-digital-camo

http://allegro.pl/esp-ltd-m-10-car-pokrowiec-pasek-kabel-gratis-i4494462632.html

Well, they are dirty cheap for me, and I need just a starter, NEW guitar.
Vendetta 2.0, as u may see, has a floyd rose.
Each one of them costs around the equivalent of 200 bucks.
I don't want used guitars, so don't bother proposing the others. Just want to pick one of those.
I would be very glad for any info helping me with choosing.
Thanks a bunch.
What are you looking for in a guitar? What sort of stuff are you wanting to play?
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Bands like Metallica, A7x, The Offspring, all this kind of stuff. Had HSS once, never enjoyed coils much.

+ should i be looking for Line 6 Spider 15w or rather Roland 20XL?
No way spiders are junk. You should def go used. What's your budget?
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I love my Deans, but I hate cheap Deans. Between those, go with the LTD.

You might also consider Fernandes' online store- they're having a clearance sale.

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
neither. they are both terrible. get a used vypyr 30 for the amp and get a used ibanez 321. should do you could for a beginner setup.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
What is SO TERRIBLE about those guitars? As far as I played on Dean in the shop, it felt alright. There's something I might have omit?
they are just junk. at this price range go used. you will not be happy with that stuff for very long. its just better to go used in this situation trust me. if not checkout rondomusic.com
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I know you only want a starter guitar, but that Dean is plain bad, so is the LTD. Shit pickups, tuners, woods, hardware...

Your budget and only buying new is really hindering our ability to get you a good instrument. Your best bet is to get lucky and get a sale guitar because none of those guitars are worth getting, IMO.
Wait, so how may I know if stock pickups are okay, or the wood is fine?
Should I ask storyteller, or just the price would suggest that? Why Dean and ESP released such shit then and why it is getting sold? I just don't understand that.
its not an esp. its an ltd for starters and its the bottom of the line. if you want advice take it. no need to be a smart ass about it.

why wont you buy used?
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Can't find a decent one in Poland, had an opportunity to buy Schecter Omen 6 and it was TERRIBLE, in much worse condition and bridge tune, pickup sounds than Vendetta from the store, I just don't even want to look for any else.
I JUST WANT A NEW ONE, and I know it is a starter guitar. IM NOT EXPECTING MIRACLES, but I want a clarification: Vendetta or ESP, which one is better and why. That's all. Might sound unreasonable, but that's all I want to ask for. Sorry for bothering if it may look silly, but that's the way i feel like.
Ibanez Gios are fairly decent, compared to other stuff. That would be the best way to go, IMO.

I agree that cheap Deans are not good guitars. I actually used to own a Vendetta, and it is one of the worst guitars I have ever owned. Hardware started to fall apart and come off, stuff like that.

I was going to recommend a Yamaha Pacifica. They are extremely good entry level guitars. But they are HSS, as you said you don't want.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Why do manufacturers even bother to release such guitars if they are that bad? Im speechless and clueless. I was thinking about Cort Katana aswell, but I thought vendetta is better.
get whatver you want. were just trying yo help you. and just so you know its not an esp. its an ltd. heh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Cort makes some pretty good guitars. As someone else suggested, check rondomusic.

If you admit you're just looking for a starter guitar, why not go used? You could get twice the guitar and there's a decent chance it will already be setup properly.

Companies produce shit products cause they know there are gullible people out there who don't take advice and buy the shit products cause they're shiny and cheap.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Aug 11, 2014,
Quote by mordrekaiser
What is SO TERRIBLE about those guitars? As far as I played on Dean in the shop, it felt alright. There's something I might have omit?

Here's the skinny:

Generally speaking, below about @$300 new (IMHO), most guitars will be made with some combination of low-quality materials, tuners that slip, electronics that are substandard, noisy pickups, poorly dressed frets, bad truss rods, plain vanilla shoddy workmanship and other issues. They may feel good today, but in time, they'll reveal the hidden problems that make them a nightmare to use. Some new guitars in this price range will literally fall apart within a year.

A used guitar of the same price, in contrast, will be better made in all regards. They'll have passed through the "break-in" period that sets keepers apart from trash. Or, to put it differently, a used guitar in that price range will be a completely known quantity- it won't get worse in unexpected ways.

The only reason I suggested those Fernandes guitars is that they're only in your budget because they're on clearance. However, since you're in Poland, you probably can't get that price.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz, I have to admit that your post is the most valuable I've read in a while. I have to think about it.
Quote by mordrekaiser
Wait, so how may I know if stock pickups are okay, or the wood is fine?
Should I ask storyteller, or just the price would suggest that? Why Dean and ESP released such shit then and why it is getting sold? I just don't understand that.

They sell because beginners go into a store, try the cheapest guitar they can find, think it's okay, and then buy it only to be disappointed later when things like sound quality, tuning, playability and craftsmanship become more important. People here on this board encounter people with the same issues that you have all the time and we're just trying to steer you in the right direction. No one here is bullshitting you, but the tough part is that our advice is often stuff people don't want to hear.

And that is the main problem with people that are new to the ins-and-outs of the guitar world. It's not their budget, location, style of music that hurts them, it's their preconceived notions about what they want and their unwillingness to change. You can go buy those guitars. They will work, somewhat. We could work with you however and you could get something significantly better.