Hi! This is my first post at any guitar forum ever. I searched all over for answer to my question, but nobody seems to have the right answer.. Maybe my question is just to stupid to answer, but anyway here it goes:
I run a stereo rig right now, with a crate powerblock going into a 4X12 marshall cab. It sounds good, but i'd like to go all tube. What I, in particular, would like to do is to connect my guitar (running effects through my laptop and thereby going stereo) to two Tiny Terrors going into my 4X12, playing simultaneously. Will this cause ground loops, phasing problems, amp explosions etc etc? And if so, can this be avoided?
Ground loops are an entirely different thing, don't worry about it.
Phasing problems could be due to cables or cabs wired in funny ways, likely not your problem.
Amp explosions could happen if you don't connect everything the right way.

A couple considerations:
you're already going into a computer - why do you want tube amps?
Also why do you want integrated amps when you could simply use a tube power amp alone, so you'd spare yourself the hassle of having to use a reamp box and two different amps and you could satisfy your (irrational) crave for tubes?

Also why wouldn't you go directly into the pa system, skipping the power amp and cab?

Also since you have the money for that kinda stuff you're planning to do, why don't you either get an amp modeler packed with fx altogether or get some analog fx to use with amps?

And, most importantly, what doesn't satisfy you in your current rig for you to want to upgrade?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I agree with this guy^

My,question is, what program do you use for all your effects and how do you switch them on and off on the fly? Is there a usb compatible footswitch or something? Im interested in looking into this for myself too.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Spambot, thanks for your reply.
Tube amps sound better in my humble opinion, that's why i wanna go that way.. I bought the Crate Powerblock (solid state) cause i found a cheap one, and wanted to try stereo, which i'm glad i did..
I use mainstage and an Impact Twin interface. My footswitch is the keith mcmillan Softstep. So I got a lot of digital stuff going on, and it helps clean it all up, soundwise, when i go through an all tube amp. I used to go through a VOX AC15 before i went stereo, and that was nice, but once i went stereo I couldn't go back!
Maybe it would be enough with a tube power amp. I like it when the sound breaks up in the pre-amp, but that could be emulated..
Quote by hansmortensen
Tube amps sound better in my humble opinion, that's why i wanna go that way..
Don't mean to be rude or anything, but the reason why you think that is that you didn't try a good enough solid state amp, which is comprehensible since they don't really do much high quality solid state stuff for guitars.

Don't get me wrong, I've never tried a TS100 but I've only heard good things about it and it'll probably be a good idea if you went down that route, though I'd say you should reconsider and try a couple nice quality solid state power amp, which would also be able to get you a lot more power for the money.

The yamy p2500s would be a nice example.
Quote by hansmortensen
I bought the Crate Powerblock (solid state) cause i found a cheap one, and wanted to try stereo, which i'm glad i did..
I concur, stereo audio is a great invention
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks for your reply once again! No offense taken :-) I'm really considering your thoughts.. what i would really like now, is a lot of time, so i could just go to a music store and try out a lot of solid state and tube stuff, and turn theory into practice..
I feel like you'd be wasting a good tube amp by pushing all that digital junk from your computer in it, but maybe that's just me

Also:

Stereo is really cool in your bedroom or on a record - but if you're playing live and there's more than one guitarist, it can really just come out super muddy and jumbled with no definition whatsoever.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com